Injurys

nick666

Likes Bikes
well my friend just broke his wrist when he stacked at the you yangs so i thought it would be fun to make a thread for it so post your injurys (must be from riding) and any pics you have.

my_bike

Likes Dirt
Why two threads on the same topic in the same section of the forums?
Delete one before you get flamed.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also broke my wrist

oh man thats awesome!!

i saw a kid backflipping off a fence and did the same thing to both arms!!!!:D

worst i've had is a gnarly pinned pedal slide up the back of my shin which left pin dots all up leg which lloks awesome!!

^^like that^^

grantw

Banned
I dislocated my shoulder! I also fractured my hand and dislocated/twisted a knuckle 2 days before national champs this year and I still got 4th in 17s!

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Went over the bars bunnyhopping a curb at speed.
Broke and dislocated my elbow.
Tends to put a dampener on your confidence for a while.

Attachments

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, don't tell me you've done that just after recovering from your broken elbow? Man, you're as bad a me.
I been back on the bike for a month now but i broke it 22days after i revcoverd and started riding after the broken elbow:eek:

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, no pictures and not including some good ones on MX and skis (inc 2 quadruplegic spinal cord concussions) - front pinch flat on landing to 2nd R rib fracture, big (10m vertical) flip after rock hit to 4 L ribs, sapling to OTB at the top of a gully, 4m to rocks with 2 ribs, bruised liver, partial bowel obstruction 2 years ago, front tyre burp on off-camber landing to 1 rib and pumpkin thigh about 1 year ago, last week concrete block to left armpit to 4 ribs, off berm to off trail to sapling on our local track to thigh gouged oped age 8 (broke the "tree" though), no footwear to foot into spokes to toe degloved over the bone age 6 (cool front flip when the foot reached the fork crown though), no finger or handprints for a year after donating to the 90 degree turn in the driveway age 10,but the best I can remember offhand was at age 7. We built (another) jump in the front drive and the handlebars of my 20" snapped on landing launching me right into the cactus plantation on that bloody 90 degree corner on the drive. The visual and emotional involvement you get when going face first into 4 different kinds of long spines kinda stays with you. Luckily, so did my eyes.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, no pictures and not including some good ones on MX and skis (inc 2 quadruplegic spinal cord concussions) - front pinch flat on landing to 2nd R rib fracture, big (10m vertical) flip after rock hit to 4 L ribs, sapling to OTB at the top of a gully, 4m to rocks with 2 ribs, bruised liver, partial bowel obstruction 2 years ago, front tyre burp on off-camber landing to 1 rib and pumpkin thigh about 1 year ago, last week concrete block to left armpit to 4 ribs, off berm to off trail to sapling on our local track to thigh gouged oped age 8 (broke the "tree" though), no footwear to foot into spokes to toe degloved over the bone age 6 (cool front flip when the foot reached the fork crown though), no finger or handprints for a year after donating to the 90 degree turn in the driveway age 10,but the best I can remember offhand was at age 7. We built (another) jump in the front drive and the handlebars of my 20" snapped on landing launching me right into the cactus plantation on that bloody 90 degree corner on the drive. The visual and emotional involvement you get when going face first into 4 different kinds of long spines kinda stays with you. Luckily, so did my eyes.
I call BS! Pictures or none of that happened ...

Paragraphs would be nice too, or is that asking for to much?

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the interest. Wish it was BS, but that is only part of my luckless existence. I'm also probably a lot older than you.

Oh, here's another paragraph. I did get a bit lawyer there. You don't want me to post you a few kilos of XRays do you?

SteveG

Likes Bikes
I can no longer claim not to have broken anything mountain biking after breaking my finger in the bmc 100 on saturday.
Biking was about the only sport I've done and not broken something (heel roack climbing, cheek rugby, wrist footy, shoulder skiing, also ribs and fingers doing general stupid things over the years).
Have to say it always hurts and the cracking sound when something goes horribly wrong is a bad sign.