inspired me

thematrix

Likes Dirt
Today I rode a mtb with an out door ed teacher who told me he didn't believe in politics and politics is a waste of time, then in the next breath he told me that logging the Amazon rain forest was a really bad thing.

Rather than get into an argument I told him that the same was happening in Australia and sent him this article from the 2007 monthly magazine. Many of you will have read it but many may not have.

Make up you own minds after reading it. It inspired me to get more involved.
I love bush walking , mtb riding and kayaking in beautiful environments. Hope it inspires you into action too.

http://www.themonthly.com.au/?q=node/512

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Thats a sad read. Also quite scary.

Do you know whats happening down there now? What groups are fighting to stop it?

Fuck those guys seem like right pricks. However I'll try and look into it more when I have the time before I make my mind up fully, got a half yearly test tomorrow and yer, should be studying.

Last edited:

MrSafety

Likes Dirt
white water.playboats, spent 4 weeks in montreal last june paddling lachine and we even got to paddle Buseater on the ottawa.
drought is crap in vic.

did you read the article?
Sweet! yeah i paddle slalom, and bit of DR as well, do a few river trips when the rivers are up too.

yeah read the article, some of it's not 100% correct. Coming from tas i can say that the situations a mess.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
lol at thread derailment. Kayaking YAY!

What inaccuracies are there? This is much more interesting than secondary and primary businesses.