Installing Echo F7 CycloComputer

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I just bought an Echo F7 CycloComputer from my LBS. However, because it was 2nd hand and was found in the workshop, the instruction manual could not be found. So, I've gone to install it today, however it's not working.

Problem: Computer isn't reading the magnet and reciever.
Model: Echo F7 CycloComputer - (http://www.echowell.com.tw/product.php?page_id=10&product_categories_id=7)

I've tried downloading the instruction manual however it doesn't work. I've also tried looking in the other manuals but there is nothing on actually putting the computer on the bike.

So, if any one one know's how to fix this, Please tell me, I need to train but without i don't know how far I'm going so it's not effective(sp).

Thanks. (If pics are needed, give us a yell and I will get some for you on what i've tried.

BT180

Max Pfaff
If the Spankmaster's solution doesn't work then check to see if the distance between the magnet and receiver isn't too big.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Ok, I tried to get into the Sensor, however, under the cap is a plastic waterproof looking bit so I couldn't look inside it. I'm guessing that if the computer isn't wireless the sensor won't need a battery? I'll go get a new battery for the Screen and see if that helps.

The Sensor is practically touching the magnet.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
OK, if its not wireless, then there'll only be one battery, but spanky's had issues with the 'speedo cable' getting slightly damaged and stop working...

Sorry, the fat ol pig had just decided that all cycle computers were now wireless....

Spanky did kind of find a manual for it... but its not awesome.

s

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Turns out that didn't work, so hopefully my dad, the electrician can help out. Any body got anymore ideas?