Intense BMX cracked Frame

finny_447

Likes Dirt
Gday peoples,

I recently cracked my beloved intense pro factory xl 2010, now i must admit im a bit dissapointed I thought this frame would last longer.... I had the bike for two years and my riding weight has gennerally been between 70 to 80 kilos. It was the first 20 inch bmx I have had... I started racing a bit later in life

Now dont get me wrong the bike has been used alot and has been raced in perth club and super series on several occasions, but i was just under the impression that it would last more like 5 years? by the way im not super smooth but wouldnt call myself a complete hack....

So i was just wondering is this a general case for race bikes or a minority case? And has anyone else had similar expireces with there Intense bmx bike if any.

Also I have a fit cromo bike aswell surely this will last awhile?

Any input would be sicko

cheers

Fin

racebmx

Likes Dirt
Yes a cromoly frame will last longer. Not to be rude but you were lucky it lasted as long as it is only a cheapy.

~Alan~

Likes Dirt
Alloy frames tend to crack after a few years especially if jumping hard/casing on jumps etc. If your looking at getting a new race frame, there are a few companies that do steel frames - S&M, Standard, Syndicate etc. At the end of the day most race frames are built for light weight and not strength.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
most of the serious (male) riders of my acquaintance have a list of cracked alloy frames behind them, and will change frames yearly if they can afford to. after all, the frame is the cheapest part of the build....

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Intense frames aren't particularly renowned for their longevity... So your time if you were riding hard is about what you'd expect.
If you want a frame for a long time... go chromo.

finny_447

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys thanks for the input... yeah I was little diassapointed in the intense, not just the frame but also the stock parts, Ill think ill look else where next time.

Fin