Intense Carbine29 '15 build complete, pics page 7!

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
New build project! Intense Carbine29 '15

2 more packages today!
Project321 G2 hub set (haven't popped the end caps of the front in yet but yes I have them)

120 points (3 degree) engagement and sound wicked once worn in
https://vimeo.com/152934653

Also got my RS Reverb Stealth post (and some XT rotors)

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Holla!
Back from kind of sunny QLD and had a couple of small parts arrive while I was away
Wheels should arrive Tuesday/Wednesday and she'll be built for this weekends Gravity Enduro at Falls Creek (I'll take the Turner as backup..)
Still need to route rear brake line through the internal routing, chop all the hydrolic lines & gear cable and fit up the wheel-y awesome bits
So close..

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Holla!
Back from kind of sunny QLD and had a couple of small parts arrive while I was away
Wheels should arrive Tuesday/Wednesday and she'll be built for this weekends Gravity Enduro at Falls Creek (I'll take the Turner as backup..)
Still need to route rear brake line through the internal routing, chop all the hydrolic lines & gear cable and fit up the wheel-y awesome bits
So close..

That's looking unreal. I love the colour and spec. Have fun zipping around on it.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I looked into doing XTR race levers to Saint or Zee last year, full Graves spec. It was technically possible but couldn't find any in depth info on the parts required (small parts, banjos etc) so I didn't bother
Saint levers feel pretty good anyway
I've got a set of the really OLD XT 4 pots with XT M595 levers and goodridge braided lines. 10 years on amd IMO they are still better than any brake out there except...

Goodridge make the 108 kit which would work nicely with the saints and xtr M9000 race lever http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/goodridge-hose-kit-108-hayes-shimano-magura/rp-prod10504. The goodridge lines are a big improvement over the Shimano lines and would make the saints stupidly awesome.

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Finito, for now

Finally finished, didn't manage to get it built by Falls Creek AG Enduro as the wheels took a week longer than I expected.
But I am pretty stoaked, yet to ride it but it does look way to clean to take out.. Will try and get some photos of this rig in the wild, much more interesting than my deck.

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3288.JPG

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Nice... you made my next bike for me already! :^)

It looks lovely fella, bet you can't wait to get on it and we're interested in a ride report.

Good choices all round on the spec and colours too.
My hope is that it lasts me a while, can't afford to keep doing these builds!
Thanks, I kind of wish I'd got white Zelvy stickers on the rims but overall I'm still happy!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
My hope is that it lasts me a while, can't afford to keep doing these builds!
Thanks, I kind of wish I'd got white Zelvy stickers on the rims but overall I'm still happy!
Let me know how the Zelvy go, i've put them on the list for my next build and i'm a similar build height to you.

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Are you going to wrap the frame?
I don't think so, I've had wrapped bikes before (both 2nd hand) and there was so much grott trapped in the glue and they looked horrible. If it chips I'm lucky enough to know a few people who can touch up for me (hopefully can do it myself in the next couple of years)