Intense M9 DH bike - on it's waaay!

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this not the same bike as i posted using the hagoromo link, but just cause it has a new sticker everyones, decided this is the one ?

Yeah it's the same bike, but the mtbr show the bike with the M9 stickers, which really says that it is an M9, un-like your hagotomo link which doesn't say it's an M9.

heavyp

You heard it here first
stickers make a bike real APPARENTLY

Thats good to know that i was wrong just because it didnt have a sticker on it saying its an m9, massive weight off my shoulders now ill be able to sleep tonight.

That was the prototype flying around the net so its obvious its going to turn out to be a new m9.
Dont need to be Einstein to work that one out.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats good to know that i was wrong just because it didnt have a sticker on it saying its an m9, massive weight off my shoulders now ill be able to sleep tonight.

That was the prototype flying around the net so its obvious its going to turn out to be a new m9.
Dont need to be Einstein to work that one out.
Chill out dude.
Who cares, it could have turned out to be nothing more than a prototype for a completely new model, not just an M9.
But you were right, it's an M9, good work. :D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Looks like another typical Intense to me: Frankenstien! They may work well but damn I don't like the way they look!:p

tumble

Likes Dirt
Looks like another typical Intense to me: Frankenstien! They may work well but damn I don't like the way they look!:p
Ey, you serious?
I think Steber makes the most stylish DH bikes around, in particular the 951.
Oh well, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

4bert

Squid
I reckon I spotted an M9 or some version of it under Kovarik on his way to the Nationals jersey in Adelaide in Jan.

Anyway, I have a question; why is another DH bike required in the Intense line-up? I mean I'd be perfectly happy with a 951...

Magura

Likes Dirt
You could have said the same when they made the M3 ;)

So to answer your question: Because now the M6 has been bought by those whom wanted to buy, now it's time they buy an "upgrade" :rolleyes:

Magura :)

niki125

Likes Dirt
So is the 951 going to be canned or is it to run alongside the M9? Apart from getting people to buy the next new thing what is the point?

Jimmy_Bend

Likes Bikes
Yes id say they still keep the 951 in the line up as its meant to be a lighter DH bike (8" travel) compared to the 9-10" of the M's.

From i can see the M9 is basically just an M6 with the bend in the downtube of the 951 incorporated into it and larger tubing.

So is the 951 going to be canned or is it to run alongside the M9? Apart from getting people to buy the next new thing what is the point?

By no means will the 951 be killed off, at all.

We do not dictate what style of bike you should ride, thats why we offer 2 very different DH bikes. Any M-series bike will always be our flagship world cup DH racing bike, more travel, more adjustability, more tuneability and different price category. 951 is a very capable DH race bike, its a bit more lively compared to the M-series bikes, 951 suspension curve ramps up a bit more than the M-series bikes.

The point is making available to the customer what we feel are the finest DH bikes on the market.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Who's got one coming?

Mine. Chrome black in L and cane creek ti shock, should be nice.

Hopefully here in 3 weeks