DH Intense M9 FRO (finally complete!)

adman

Likes Dirt
Went and picked up some bits and bobs today... but nothing too special. Just grips and seat and post.

Bigger stuff should be here by Friday next week, or Monday the week after... like the Deemaxxs.

Red.

Likes Dirt
Frame comes with Fox RC4 and the Cane Creek Angleset.

RRP is about $4200, although i paid slightly less due to a very helpful LBS.
Thats so cheap!!!! I was thinking around $5000. Thats so my next frame:)
CRC only does them for $3500

L-iam

Likes Bikes
Nice bike mate. Your right, very similar to mine.

There will be a few of these kicking around soon I reckon!

adman

Likes Dirt
Thats so cheap!!!! I was thinking around $5000. Thats so my next frame:)
CRC only does them for $3500
CRC will do them for $3500 because they are cheap ass online stores. The moment you try to import a bike into a country it ramps up the price. That's why the frames are $3000 USD (which as you know is now $3000 AUD) but import duties slap $1200 on top.

Really? I was thinking they would be around mid 5s
I would probs go the m9, I'm a fair huck
The old Santa Cruz V10 (alloy) was more expensive than this, but not mid 5s, just high 4s.

I wouldn't go for an M9 if you're hucking though.... or is that a joke? They're most certainly not designed to be sent of huge drops.

Nice bike mate. Your right, very similar to mine.

There will be a few of these kicking around soon I reckon!
My mate is getting one at exactly the same time, so when mine gets built up I'll include a shot of his. I know of 3 other guys in Tas getting one too.

Can. Not. Wait!

adman

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it's ridonculous. I don't see how that quite works out, but you can't argue with them so...

Another plain annoying thing was that most of the orders for M9s were made by importers early in the year when the USD was better. This means that even though we have a sweet conversion rate at the moment, you're still paying based on the dollar before.

Hopefully as new orders are made you'll end up paying based on the current conversion rate.

Red.

Likes Dirt
Or 2999 Usd which at the mo' is 0.98aud. do the math.

As for import duties being round $1200 thats a bit rich.
It would be more like around 600 because when i got my frame off crc it was 1480 somthing and i had to pay just onder 300 on tax for it and it was suck at costums for like 8 weeks so yeh

The old Santa Cruz V10 (alloy) was more expensive than this said:
It was part joke but i do do the od flat land and case.
But really? they look so tough. I think it looks like one of the toughest bikes out there.
Cant wait to see your bike

adman

Likes Dirt
The M9 and 951 are FRO frames (which means For Race Only). Now, that doesn't mean you can ONLY use it for racing, what it's trying to say is that they are designed to go fast down hills. Like... really fast down hills.

I'm sure that they'll be strong enough, but remember they're a downhill frame. Not necessarily a racing only frame like the name suggests, but a downhill frame nonetheless. I don't think Intense have ever really made a bulletproof huckz04r frame that can take anything.

I just wouldn't go sending one of these off 20 foot drops... the price tag isn't worth it! :p

Haha I'm so pumped for it to arrive. I haven't ridden in 8 weeks because I didn't want to break my wrists for exams, it'll be so good to get back on the bike... with a new ride too.

adman

Likes Dirt
Basically it'll look something like this...

Just with SRAM stuff.... new truvativ descendant cranks and kashima 40s.

xgenesis

Likes Dirt
Haha I'm so pumped for it to arrive. I haven't ridden in 8 weeks because I didn't want to break my wrists for exams, it'll be so good to get back on the bike... with a new ride too.
Thats exactly the same as me since i have already broken my wrist once this year

L-iam

Likes Bikes
The M9 and 951 are FRO frames (which means For Race Only).
951 isnt FRO anymore i dont think. they took the g3 dropouts off it and a few other cahnges for the new model year.

ill let you know how they ride on the 17th!

adman

Likes Dirt
Liam - may have mine by then too!

M9s hit down under on WEDNESDAY!!!!! I'm so pumped!

Could have the frame and build kit by friday... which would be SO good.

Quick question, I've posted in parts'n stuff too but I'll chuck it here.

Opinions on 10 speed drivetrain? I have the option of going SRAM 10 speed X-9/X-0 combination for no extra cost, so I'm keen to give it a shot.

Pros : It's new, it's bling'n and it's the new SRAM setup

Cons : Strength? Reliability?

vinzs

Squid
the M9 is amazing !

When you have it could you tell us how heavy it is ? i m thinking about getting one

thanks!

L-iam

Likes Bikes
yay first m9, this thread is so exiting!

wrong. had mine a few weeks ago.

and yes they are sick.

angleset is out. warrenty issue. id been riding it round half a degree raked. was killer. just have a neutral headset in it at the moment.

its awsome.
edit . weighs 40.5 lbs. with not an overly light build at all.