INTENSE M9: Welcome to the jungle baby....

MB

Intense Australia
Hi all,

Here are a few snaps of my new rig, I just finished building it today! As you would imagine, I am pretty happy with the build. The spec is not final, I will be changing bars and tyres in the next few days. So the weight is not final. It isn't far off what it will be, but the coming spec should see the weight go down by a few hundred grams. (as if it needs to!)

Spec sheet:

Intense M9 2011 medium, raw.
Rock shox vivid air.
2011 boxxer world cups.
Truvativ Holzfeller DM stem.
Truvativ Boobar 780mm.
Sram XX shifter.
Avid code brakes, 203f, 185r.
X0 shorty 10 speed mech.
Sram PC 1070 10 speed cassette.
Sram PG 1901r chain.
Truvativ descendant cranks, 165mm x 83mm bb.
MRP G2 mini guide.
E-13 guide ring 36t.
Truvativ Noir carbon post.
Charge Knife saddle Ti rails. (Thanks Phil!)
Charge 'sponge' lock on grips.
Mavic Deemax Ultimates. (Thanks TY!)
Maxxis Minion f 2.5's (with tubes)
Blackspire sub4 pedals.
Cane creek angleset.

Total weight on my LBS' scales..... (not the bathroom ones!)

16.76kg...

So far I have the bike set at 9" travel, mid progression setting, mid chainstay setting, and 63 degree head angle.

First ride will be Mt Buller tomorrow... Bring it on!!! This bike is a freakin' monster, I can't wait to roll it down the hill...

Attachments

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Just Awesome! Great spec.
Let us know how the Vivid Air performs after a hard days workout at Buller, been seriously considering one.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice. I have just built up an M9 but it weighs 18.2kgs with BOS shocks. Just worked it out and thats an extra 1kg on mine just in suspension. Would be keen to find out how the vivid goes?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yep i run the 63' but it was too vague in the front. switched too 64' and had so much more front grip/confidence. might put the .5+/- in an try 64.5 for our less steep tracks.

64 seemed great at Thredbo and my local track.

I rode garbanzo on a new turner(63') and it neeed it. on the lower sections at whistler it was too slack, so expected it with the m9.
Let us know how you go with it tho?

S.

ex offender
Yep i run the 63' but it was too vague in the front. switched too 64' and had so much more front grip/confidence. might put the .5+/- in an try 64.5 for our less steep tracks.

64 seemed great at Thredbo and my local track.

I rode garbanzo on a new turner(63') and it neeed it. on the lower sections at whistler it was too slack, so expected it with the m9.
Let us know how you go with it tho?
Interesting you should say that, I rode one of the new Turners at Whis too and loved the head angle, as long as you were doing over 20km/h. That said, my own bike has a 63.5HA anyway so it wasn't a big adjustment for me - I think you end up getting used to it, and riding more over the front of the bike as a result. I'm interested to see if you end up running the setup slacker in a few months' time, or if you still don't like it by then.

Bike looks sweet Moonman!

Last edited:

MB

Intense Australia
Interesting you should say that, I rode one of the new Turners at Whis too and loved the head angle, as long as you were doing over 20km/h. That said, my own bike has a 63.5HA anyway so it wasn't a big adjustment for me - I think you end up getting used to it, and riding more over the front of the bike as a result. I'm interested to see if you end up running the setup slacker in a few months' time, or if you still don't like it by then.

Bike looks sweet Moonman!
Cheers for the compliment on the bike S. It rides like a champ!

The HA @ 63 did feel a bit vague at first, I won't deny it, especially as I came from a 65 HA bike. But as soon as I grabbed it by the horns, it came good!

I think I'll change the tyres though, Minions and I don't get along too well these days so I think I will try some conti's soon, to see how they go in OZ (I rode them o/s and they rocked in europe).
If the tyres don't help me I will go back maybe .5 deg, but I like the stability of the geo so far, it feels great! Slack is good!

Oh yeah, the air shock is great too FYI, not totally dialled yet, but it seems to have all the adjustments I need, and it doesn't fade as far as I can tell.

Mavic wheels

Your new bike looks sexy!
Now I understand the yellow Mavic wheels, go well with the little yellow details on the bike. Go colour matching! I cant wait to see it in life at the next National Series.

Hi all,

Here are a few snaps of my new rig, I just finished building it today! As you would imagine, I am pretty happy with the build. The spec is not final, I will be changing bars and tyres in the next few days. So the weight is not final. It isn't far off what it will be, but the coming spec should see the weight go down by a few hundred grams. (as if it needs to!)

Spec sheet:

Intense M9 2011 medium, raw.
Rock shox vivid air.
2011 boxxer world cups.
Truvativ Holzfeller DM stem.
Truvativ Boobar 780mm.
Sram XX shifter.
Avid code brakes, 203f, 185r.
X0 shorty 10 speed mech.
Sram PC 1070 10 speed cassette.
Sram PG 1901r chain.
Truvativ descendant cranks, 165mm x 83mm bb.
MRP G2 mini guide.
E-13 guide ring 36t.
Truvativ Noir carbon post.
Charge Knife saddle Ti rails. (Thanks Phil!)
Charge 'sponge' lock on grips.
Mavic Deemax Ultimates. (Thanks TY!)
Maxxis Minion f 2.5's (with tubes)
Blackspire sub4 pedals.
Cane creek angleset.

Total weight on my LBS' scales..... (not the bathroom ones!)

16.76kg...

So far I have the bike set at 9" travel, mid progression setting, mid chainstay setting, and 63 degree head angle.

First ride will be Mt Buller tomorrow... Bring it on!!! This bike is a freakin' monster, I can't wait to roll it down the hill...

tumble

Likes Dirt
Amazing bike mate... Very similar build to what I would go for.
Could easily get it down to the low 16s too if you really wanted to but as you said, why bother.