Intense SlopeStyle2

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your last pic shows a carbon seat.. Is that what you are using now, what are your thoughts on that one? I love the look, but cringe at the possible damage to certain body parts when things go wrong .. :hurt: ( sweet ride to bud :thumb:).

scblack

Leucocholic
Your last pic shows a carbon seat.. Is that what you are using now, what are your thoughts on that one? I love the look, but cringe at the possible damage to certain body parts when things go wrong .. :hurt: ( sweet ride to bud :thumb:).
Not using it now. It meant having to wear road bib shorts for all MTB riding, under MTB shorts. It was the only normal railed seat I had sitting around to use with the Intense seat post I got off Chris Kovarik. And it was a cool look, and very light. But that seatpost is layback making this bike virtually unpedallable. Would not use it in future as it's too hard to simply jump on for a ride without being organised for putting on the Knicks. Padded seat works for MTB.

scblack

Leucocholic
Pic updates. I am not changing anything else in the near future.

I have updated:
  • Saint brakes M820
  • SRAM X0 shifter and X0 derailleur 10 speed
  • DMR V12 pedals white
  • White stem spacers and cap
  • White seat clamp
  • THE lock on grips white

Intense 1.jpg

Intense 2.jpg

Intense 3.jpg

Intense 4.jpg

Intense 5.jpg

Last edited:

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
Great looking changes Lyle. Loving the colour (tone?) co-ordination.

How do you find the saint brakes vs the XT's that you had fitted to the Intense? Difference in initial bite, modulation and worthwhile upgrade for outright braking performance?

moorey

call me Mia
How do you find the saint brakes vs the XT's that you had fitted to the Intense? Difference in initial bite, modulation and worthwhile upgrade for outright braking performance?
More to the point, ask him if more than 40% of his pads are on the rotors... :whistle:

scblack

Leucocholic
Great looking changes Lyle. Loving the colour (tone?) co-ordination.

BIG change on initial bite and also modulation. The outright power is much better. I have genuine confidence balancing over the front brake on a steep section. With the XT's I felt I was yanking too hard on the levers to manage decent braking. Saints just WORK. The bevelled section on the levers is perfect, it grips the finger much better. Hand fit is a huge improvement with Saints.

I sold my XTs to Moorey. For a cheap price up front, so I don't have to fuck around with the trading process, and because he helps some people so I helped him out with a cheap price.

Seems the pads were not getting full 100% contact to the rotor as he sent me a pic with less than perfect scoring. But the rotor itself was receiving full scoring on the braking surface.

moorey

call me Mia
Stirring aside, the bike looks shit hot Lyle. How do you keep the white grips clean? I banged some only lads bike and they always look grubby. :tsk:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
These an awesome looking ride. And this particular specimen is very nicely put together. But I too have always wondered about the slope style credentials. Is it because 'freeride weapon' wouldn't fit neatly on a sticker?

scblack

Leucocholic
I think the Slopestyle name/concept came about when the Crankworx festival was in its infancy. I have googled more and find Slopestyle is a mostly a snowboard/skiing idea for freestyle type contest.

They could call it a Gimp and I would still ride the shit out of it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think the Slopestyle name/concept came about when the Crankworx festival was in its infancy. I have googled more and find Slopestyle is a mostly a snowboard/skiing idea for freestyle type contest.

They should call it a Gimp - I would ride the shit out of it.
Looks like the spider caught himself a couple of flies....

True call on the snow origin of the phrase. It does make for some really cool bikes as well. Your ride looks to sit right where i like bikes to be as far as style goes. enough travel for shredding anything that gets in the way and the right angles for a responsive riding, all without dragging a slug tractor dh bike around. Then you can still take if for the am ride when the mood to burn off a pizza hits.

scblack

Leucocholic
Your ride looks to sit right where i like bikes to be as far as style goes. enough travel for shredding anything that gets in the way and the right angles for a responsive riding, all without dragging a slug tractor dh bike around. Then you can still take if for the am ride when the mood to burn off a pizza hits.
Right on the money. I had a Norco DH bike before this, and while DH was great I could not ride around with my girls with it. This bike is capable enough to handle any DH I am game for, light enough for AM jaunts without embarrassing me and versatile enough for everything between.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Right on the money. I had a Norco DH bike before this, and while DH was great I could not ride around with my girls with it. This bike is capable enough to handle any DH I am game for, light enough for AM jaunts without embarrassing me and versatile enough for everything between.
Is it dirt jump capable? Nothing necessarily enormous, but i do like a little flurry once in a while....

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Hurrr deerrr long travel makes it a slopestyle bike no. That's a mini downhill bike if anything, not close to slopestyle at all

And well the trance is short travel and is used for slopestyle often and is good for it, but it doesn't have a sticker so it sucks by your logic

>autism intensifies

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hurrr deerrr long travel makes it a slopestyle bike no. That's a mini downhill bike if anything, not close to slopestyle at all

And well the trance is short travel and is used for slopestyle often and is good for it, but it doesn't have a sticker so it sucks by your logic

>autism intensifies
sling me $30 and I will make you a sticker saying what ever you want. Delivery included.