Intense Tracer New Kool Aid

MARKL

Eats Squid
Arrhh fuck...missing one of these:frusty:
DSC_0337.JPG

which means the front wheel looks like this...
DSC_0338.JPG

So whilst waiting for the adaptor to arrive I have come down with man flu so I thought I would take some photos of the new kool aid...

Bit of background first, my main bike for the last few years has been my Series 1 Intense SlopeStyle...a job that is has done well but it was more downhill than AM. A while ago I was riding at Stromlo and met one of the instructors there who was riding a Tracer T275 and he let me take it for a spin. Instantly felt right at home except...it pedaled sooo much better than the SS...and felt just as capable downhill

Earlier this year I had some coaching and was told to get a bigger bike...thoughts turned to the Tracer, tried out a Rune...liked it but...I stopped looking or a while and then TBSM had 25% off Intense frames...SOLD.

Told myself I would just get frame and fork and use existing parts that I had lying around...then I ordered the I9's with and XD driver...the only parts I reused in the end were the cranks, stem and brakes.

DSC_0339.jpg

Frame- Intense T275 XL
Fork- Fox 36 Float FIT
Shock- Cane Creek Inline
Bottom Bracket- Hope
Wheels - Industry Nine Enduro 305 27.5 XD driver
Brakes- Formula R1
Rotors- Hope 203mm front and rear
Cranks - Shimano XTR w/Wolftooth chainring
Cassette- Sram X01 Eagle
Rear derailler- Sram XO1 Eagle
Shifter- Sram X01 Eagle
Chain- SRAM Eagle
Headset- FSA
Stem- Thomson
Handlebars- Enve 800mm DH
Seat post- Reverb Stealth
Seat- Selle Italia SLR
Grips- Intense
Tires- F/Minion DHF 2.5 Rear/Minion SS
Pedals- Spank Oozy

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Arrhh fuck...missing one of these:frusty:
View attachment 330836

which means the front wheel looks like this...
View attachment 330837

So whilst waiting for the adaptor to arrive I have come down with man flu so I thought I would take some photos of the new kool aid...

Bit of background first, my main bike for the last few years has been my Series 1 Intense SlopeStyle...a job that is has done well but it was more downhill than AM. A while ago I was riding at Stromlo and met one of the instructors there who was riding a Tracer T275 and he let me take it for a spin. Instantly felt right at home except...it pedaled sooo much better than the SS...and felt just as capable downhill

Earlier this year I had some coaching and was told to get a bigger bike...thoughts turned to the Tracer, tried out a Rune...liked it but...I stopped looking or a while and then TBSM had 25% off Intense frames...SOLD.

Told myself I would just get frame and fork and use existing parts that I had lying around...then I ordered the I9's with and XD driver...the only parts I reused in the end were the cranks, stem and brakes.

View attachment 330839

Frame- Intense T275 XL
Fork- Fox 36 Float FIT
Shock- Cane Creek Inline
Bottom Bracket- Hope
Wheels - Industry Nine Enduro 305 27.5 XD driver
Brakes- Formula R1
Rotors- Hope 203mm front and rear
Cranks - Shimano XTR w/Wolftooth chainring
Cassette- Sram X01 Eagle
Rear derailler- Sram XO1 Eagle
Shifter- Sram X01 Eagle
Chain- SRAM Eagle
Headset- FSA
Stem- Thomson
Handlebars- Enve 800mm DH
Seat post- Reverb Stealth
Seat- Selle Italia SLR
Grips- Intense
Tires- F/Minion DHF 2.5 Rear/Minion SS
Pedals- Spank Oozy

View attachment 330845

View attachment 330846

View attachment 330848
I'm going to need a lot of tissues...that thing is sexy.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Shit balls that thing is epic. Congratulations!

Are the floating bolts on your rotors rubbing in the Formula callipers? They look like they have scuff marks in the photos.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Shit balls that thing is epic. Congratulations!

Are the floating bolts on your rotors rubbing in the Formula callipers? They look like they have scuff marks in the photos.
Well spotted, not a great combination with the rivets on the floating rotor but once they rub a few more times they will be sweet. I'm not sure if it is purely a Hope/Formula issue or if the I9's make it worse :noidea:

beejay

Likes Dirt
Very, Very nice!!!!
Keen to hear how the SRAM eagle goes, and what chain ring size have you been able to increase to with the 50t on the back? (i'm assuming you rode 1x on the last bike)
Have been looking at it for an upgraded.

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
Very, Very nice!!!!
Keen to hear how the SRAM eagle goes, and what chain ring size have you been able to increase to with the 50t on the back? (i'm assuming you rode 1x on the last bike)
Have been looking at it for an upgraded.
My riding has been limited on it while waiting for the new adaptor to arrive, first thoughts on Eagle:
1- super easy to set up and tune
2- shifts as brilliantly as you would expect, even the shift to the 50t is good
3- that 50t is huge
4- cable routing is much more sensible than XX, though I worry about the little pulleys

My SlopeStyle has been running 36t with 11/34 cassette 9 speed. I recently swapped it to 10 speed 11/36 but haven't done a lot yet with that combination. The 9speed set up I could do most riding in Sydney/Blue Mountains etc. long climbs didn't bother me so much with that set up but technical climbs were difficult where you couldn't maintain momentum. I never did 11 speed.

For some reason I had complete brain failure when I ordered the chainring and got a 34t (one of two mistakes with the build). I imagine I will be ordering a 38t soon.

MARKL

Eats Squid
First proper ride today, drove down the highway from Sydney town and did a couple of laps at Majura Pines with a couple of th boys.

Bike was awesome, felt really solid, much stiffer laterally than my SlopeStyle. Climbed much better an all round mch more flexible bike than the SS. Really doesn't seem to lose anything anywhere to he SS, better everywhere.

I couldn't stop the brake rub to my satisfaction with the R1's so I swapped them for a set of Hope V4s that I have. Bike ran pretty much faultlessly all day except there was some cable stretch and it had trouble shifting into the 50t by the end of the day, an easy fix.

Last edited:

Pickel246

Cannon Fodder
Sexy Is the Word!!!!!!!

Its so hot I almost had to cheat on my own bike.
That looks Awesome!!
It must be so much fun to ride.
The build is immaculate and every feature is first class.
Can't wait to be the first one to crash it...lol
The pedals, the grips, the 10-50 cluster, the continental mix of components just highlights your excellent taste.
LET'S RIDE!!!

Last edited:

TwoSix

Likes Bikes
Awesome frame and a build to match.

I want to ask how tall are you? and do you find the standover height / ST length makes the bike feel tall and upright?

MARKL

Eats Squid
Awesome frame and a build to match.

I want to ask how tall are you? and do you find the standover height / ST length makes the bike feel tall and upright?
6'2"
ST is longer than my old SlopeStyle, so I can't absolutely slam the post as much as I used to on that frame. Which means in some situations I notice the saddle getting a little closer to the boys than I would like, close than on the SS. Otherwise the XL is great, could be longer if anything else.