Interim Results Gippsland MTB Blores Hill 4 Hour Enduro 25-Jul-2010

Mr King

Likes Dirt
Blores Hill 4 Hour Enduro 25-Jul-2010

See www.gippslandmtb.com.au for more information...

Round 6 of the Gippsland MTB champs will see us return to Blores Hill for the first time this year, with the event being a 4 hour enduro & not the check point race as noted on the calendar. Make sure you get your entry in early as this event and venue has proved popular in the past.

The event start finish will be located at the winery end of Blores Hill, with the lap being a nice fast 11km loop that takes us from one end of Blores to the other and back, approx lap time 40mins. This event will cater for all levels of rider and fitness with the teams option being a good one if you don't want to tackle the whole 4 hours and if you own a single speed then this race is a must do, Blores Hill is made for single speeds.

As usual the event will be signposted from Heyfield and registration will open at 8.00am with the race starting at 10am. Race categories will be solo, pairs and 3 & 4 person teams as well.

Chili Cycles from Warragul will be on hand on the day with a range of demo bikes there for riders to take out on a lap.

Also if you still want to come and don't want to ride, we could set you up with a prime official location on the course and even provide you with a free BBQ and drink at the end of the race. The course will require a few marshals to help, so if you can volunteer then please make yourself know either on the day or via e-mail.

Date:
Sunday, 25th July 2010

Where:
Blores Hill, Heyfield

When:
Registration Opens: 08:00
Race Start: 10:00

Cost:
$20 Adult Entry ($15 if pre-register online before the event)
$15 Junior Entry ($10 if pre-register online before the event)
Entry includes BBQ and softdrink at the end of the race.
$15 Day License if don't hold an MTBA Competition License

Entries:
Solo: Male, Female & Junior
Teams: Pairs, Triplets and Quads

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
I'm heading down there for this - if anyone's looking to share transport from Melbourne or accommodation they should shout out.
I'll be doing a road ITT on Saturday morning at Phillip Island, then a graded road race in the arvo, also at Phillip Island. From there driving straight down to (probably) Maffra/Sale and stay there rather than driving back to Melbourne.

Call it a stage race - all welcome :p

Last edited:

Mr King

Likes Dirt
Will see you there Tim, hopefully we can discuss the VES for 2011...

I'll be at the timing tent all day.

Mr King

Likes Dirt
Interim Results for GMTB Blores Hill 4 Hour Enduro

While resident timing & results guru - Graeme 'GT' Trewern is away up at the 'Alice' with the Amigos, hamming it up in the sunshine - here are the interim results for Round 6 of GMTB's Club Championship, the Blores Hill 4 Hour Enduro, sponsored by McMillan Partners. The event was attended by 63 riders and included a huge demo day by Chilli Cycles from Warragul and the Specialized Crew with brand spanking new 2011 model bikes for the riders to test around the 11km race circuit. A fantastic day, with some standout performances by Torq Rider Brenton Jones, Tracey Whittaker, Jack Walk and the Warragul Juniors in the Team Pairs. Stay tuned for the full results... In the meantime secure your place on the 'Explore Blores Hill' Social Weekend in two weeks time!

Solo Male:
1st Brenton Jones 8 laps 32:00 minutes fastest lap time
2nd Brad Fisher 7 laps
3rd Karl Peel 7 laps

Solo Female:
1st Tracey Whittaker 6 laps
2nd Jenny Simpson 5 laps
3rd Leonie Picton 4 laps

Junior Solo:
1st Jack Walk 4 laps
2nd Tim Miller 4 laps
3rd Joe Patrick 3 laps

Teams:
1st Warragul Juniors (Jarryd Jones/James Laylor) 7 laps
2nd Peace and Elbow (Justin Prior/Roland Kahsnitz) 7 laps + 3 mins
3rd What NATO? (Michael Watt/Nathan Murphy) 7 laps + 10 mins

Visit www.gippslandmtb.com.au in the next week or so for the full results and championship standings.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
What a brutal track. Rest? What rest. Great fun, could have done with the energy I expended at Phillip Island yesterday though. No idea where I finished, but GPS tells me my last lap was my quickest of the day.

Did anyone else here make the trip down today?

Mr King

Likes Dirt
What a brutal track. Rest? What rest. Great fun, could have done with the energy I expended at Phillip Island yesterday though. No idea where I finished, but GPS tells me my last lap was my quickest of the day.
Glad you enjoyed a little piece of what Blores Hill and GMTB has to offer Tim! You haven't even scratched the surface yet! You finished 10th/34 in the Solo Men with 6 laps in 4 hours, 14 minutes and 26 Seconds, and 17th/63 outright for the overall. Laps 1-6: 41:54, 39.44, 41:35, 42:31, 46:18, 42:24.

Great effort!

Last edited:

tracywhittaker

Likes Bikes
Did anyone else here make the trip down today?
Made the trip down to Blores to race with/against my sister.

Awesome tracks out there, and great company (even tho I spent 99.9% of the time on my own).

Well done to everyone who rode, and all the supports in the timing tent. Nothing like encouragement when your body is telling you NO, and everyone else is telling you YES, do another lap!
Seriously should have stopped at 5 laps.