International Flights

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Ok guys i've just been on my first intenational flight. To put it simply it was crap, boring and cramped. I'm at singapore airport at the moment and was wondering what other peoples experiences have been with planes. I havn't slept for about 27 hours now cause i couldn't get to sleep on the plane.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
lol, mate. 1 word...

spirits :)

I bet you can't wait for the next leg. 13 hours of goodness..

toodles

Wheel size expert
Ha I work for Qantas so i spend a bit of time flying. My flights always get goofed so I spend nearly as much time sleeping at airports as I do on planes. How do you like the friendly, machine-gun toting security guards at Singers?

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no booze, plenty of water.
you'll dehydrate really badly if your carefull and feel like shit for days. try and get into the sleep patern of wherever you're going as quick as you can. as bad as you feel now, you'll feel worse when you get there :D

toodles

Wheel size expert
They had to carry me down the stairs off the plane after one flight last year. Travelling with mates business class and scored free drinks. Apparently the altitude affects your body's ability to process alcohol. Whoops. Glad I can't remember cos that would have been embarassing.

bazza

look at me
still yet to travel overseas :( want to see the world damn it. DIE TOWNSVILLE DIE!!!!! ohh im still too young to get free booze anyway......legally.

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
best way to travel is drink heaps of water and then walk the aisles and case the plane for hot chicks - then think something up quick and go and chat with them - don't do anything dumb like say hi and then tell em about your best jump or crash on yer bike - do something that gets their attention - like offer them a drink, or just say hi and ask if they are bored cause the movies suck - use your imagination - it works for me - flights are always great when you chat to anyone - correction not just anyone - hot chicks with hot bods - ask the flight attendants if they can point some prime examples out - then the attendants are cool with you too

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1 word. music
flight to USA, 13 hours, 13 hours of music.
on the way back, 13 hours of sitting next to a nice lookin lady my age :D about bloody time my luck changed on fukin flights!
the moie line is a good ice-breaker on flights even if your just tryin to talk to someone for the sake of talking.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have only been to New Zealand 3 hour flight. I was bored shitless on that. I could never go on a 23 hour flight. Are you heading off to Durango to meet Riles Linsey?

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
don't all international flights have free booze all classes? Our flight to south africa was and was great...first drinks of our 13hr flight was at 10am. Is true that is bad when you land tho...a flight back from canberra only had two bundys and on descent it was THE weirdest feeling, like i had had about 15 of them!

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
i hear all these stories of people getting upgraded to first class but never me! How does it happen? do you get all the good stuff as well 01_250 or just the comfy seat?

nhd

Likes Dirt
ive been to europe in cattle class, that was hell as im tall so its very uncomfy. when i went to nz few years ago was upgraded to business class, oooh yeah thats the shit!

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
scotty beefs said:
i hear all these stories of people getting upgraded to first class but never me! How does it happen? do you get all the good stuff as well 01_250 or just the comfy seat?
You'll find this almost NEVER happens. Do you realise the price difference between first class and economy? Its thousands of dollars. If at all, they'd move up a business class person before us economy scum. Its very hard to move up even from economy to business. This only happens when the flight is fully booked.

I only know all this cause usually my Dad is away overseas more times than he is at home!

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lindsay said:
Ok guys i've just been on my first intenational flight. To put it simply it was crap, boring and cramped. I'm at singapore airport at the moment and was wondering what other peoples experiences have been with planes. I havn't slept for about 27 hours now cause i couldn't get to sleep on the plane.
Chin up Tiger ;)

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im fukin lucky as, been OS afew times, dont mind the flights seeing as i love flying and all that.

even got to fly business once or twice, bes tluck ever, called shotgun when we got into the car on any upgrade seat and it actually happend!