Internet Explorer problems

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody else been having drama's lately? Mine has been jamming up and freezing like crazy, especially on websites like Facebook and Ebay. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen if I have two or more tabs running. I'm downloading Firefox at the moment, but does anybody have any ideas/reasons?

Cheers

Matt H

Eats Squid
*awaits wave of "lol IE" posts.

That's strange. I use Firefox 95% of the time, but it freezes for fb, so I use IE for fb. It works fine for me in that regard...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That's strange. I use Firefox 95% of the time, but it freezes for fb, so I use IE for fb. It works fine for me in that regard...
And I used to use Safari for everything until it started freezing when using FB, so now I use Firefox for everything.

I see a pattern emerging.. FB is the devil!

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So it's a Facebook problem...whenever it's frozen in Ebay I've always had FB in the idle in the other tab. Either way I'm using Firefox now...

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And I used to use Safari for everything until it started freezing when using FB, so now I use Firefox for everything.

I see a pattern emerging.. FB is the devil!
Facebook always been working for me on Safari.. :confused:

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
FB has so much AJAX and Javascript running that it slowly eats up the memory allocation assigned to the browser, then when it runs out of memory it shits itself and freezes.

google chrome would be the only real bet at the moment since it has individual threads for each tab, so when one crashes, the rest are fine...

next time you have failbook open, fire up your program manager and watch your browser suck up the ram...

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Once every couple of hours FB goes stupidly whack, even on chrome. Just a quick refresh fixes it, would give firefox a shot if it weren't for the awesome drag-a-tab makes new window feature.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Once every couple of hours FB goes stupidly whack, even on chrome. Just a quick refresh fixes it, would give firefox a shot if it weren't for the awesome drag-a-tab makes new window feature.
firefox does that too... as does safari... and im not sure if the windows version of safari does it, but on OS X there is a cool genie style animation when you drag the tab on and off.... small minds...