Interwinter Round 2 - Guided tour of the XCO course on Saturday June 2

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Interwinter round 2 - Burnt Bacon XCO is on Sunday June 3. Make a weekend of it in Castlemaine and join us on Saturday June 2 for a guided tour of Sunday's race course. We'll also sample some of the other fun trails in the area.

So you can save your best legs for Sunday this ride will be at an easy, social pace. This social ride is open to anyone, racers and non-racers alike.

Meet at the Cycle Concepts Castlemaine (28 Hargraves St, Castlemaine) at 10:30am.

Cost - Free for MTBA members, $5 day licence required for others.

If you intend to join us or have any questions please shoot an email to info@rockyriders.com.

Last edited:

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Can I ask why it's called burnt bacon? Is there a piggery nearby and a BBQ ?
Castlemaine is pretty famous (at least to bacon lovers) for its mega bacon/ham processing factory. The race is held in bushland not far from the factory.

Last year the race was called "Chasin' Bacon" and this year DSE did some fuel reduction burning in the area, so much of the bushland is now burnt. Hence "Burnt Bacon".

There will certainly be bacon at the event. But it won't be burnt.

MelbRiDer

Likes Bikes
Castlemaine is pretty famous (at least to bacon lovers) for its mega bacon/ham processing factory. The race is held in bushland not far from the factory.

Last year the race was called "Chasin' Bacon" and this year DSE did some fuel reduction burning in the area, so much of the bushland is now burnt. Hence "Burnt Bacon".

There will certainly be bacon at the event. But it won't be burnt.

Hah thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

leithel

Likes Bikes
I'm keen to come along and race on Sunday. How does this grading business work? I've never really done any graded club racing as I mostly do team enduro events. Do I just pick the grade I think I fit in to? I definitely won't be "A Grade". I usually finish in the middle of the field. Finished about bang in the middle of my age category in the Wombat 50 this year.....

riderideride

Likes Dirt
I'm keen to come along and race on Sunday. How does this grading business work? I've never really done any graded club racing as I mostly do team enduro events. Do I just pick the grade I think I fit in to? I definitely won't be "A Grade". I usually finish in the middle of the field. Finished about bang in the middle of my age category in the Wombat 50 this year.....
B Grade! :)

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Cheers, B Grade it is........
Any info on the course? Rocky, technical, much climbing?
A few rocky bits but nothing gnarly.
Not technical - fast and flows.
A few short climbs - nothing long or steep. The decents more than make up for those.

leithel

Likes Bikes
Entered. Looking forward to the race and the bacon! Weather forecast is looking good for the rest of the week too.