Ipod docks for non-Ipods

RCOH

Eats Squid
I want to buy an Ipod dock to replace my girlfriend 18 or so year old cd player in our bedroom.

However, we don't have Ipods, but we do have other MP3 players (sony. iriver). Are there any Docks that can accept other MP3 Players, other than Ipods?

All I can find is Ipod docks?

thanks in advance

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, I must admit I thought the same as the above numbers.

I currently have LG speakers for my iPod. The speakers plug into the iPod using the 3.5mm jack, rather than the funky rectangle at the ass end.

Could work for your situation as well. They're a nice looking piece of kit, pretty small and whatnot. Were about $100 from memory.

aloo95

Likes Bikes
hey mate,
i would suggest pop into your local dick smith or jb hi-fi or something like that and ask if they have one but rember to add in that it would probably need to have a 3.5 mm headphone jack ( your standard size on mp3 players and on ipods) but if they dont have any soloutions then if you haven a bit of money then you could upgrade to have and amlifier hooked up because then you can have a cable that you can plug you ipod or mp3 player into but if you dont have the money something like this could be an option

http://trendsupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mannequin-speakers.jpg

or if you have another radio lying aroud this could be also a cheaper option, but you may want to do some re-search before because i have bought one and the transmitter needs to be within about 30-40cm of the antenna or esle it goes fuzzy but if you find a good one it will work better such as this one and also the other benefit of these is that you can use then anywhere where the is a radio such as your car or a mates house or something but the one below is a good one as for one of my mates have one and his works pretty well

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=166893

but the last option i suggest would be the cheapest and the best and wouyld be avalabile at most eletronic stores because its really versitile but its up to you

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I recall seeing the old portable CD players at Coles recently but rather than having a CD player on top, the compartment opened up to reveal a rubber mat and a 3.5mm stereo jack for your said mp3 player. I think it was 'MTV' branded...

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Another option is to get a 3.5mm headphone jack to red & white audio plugs cable. I have a couple and they are really handy. I can run the ipod through the tv, stereo, dvd player etc.
I had it set up in my room plugged straight into a sub with a few speakers. Worked great and didn't even need a stereo!

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah go a set of Logitech speakers with a fully sick sub woofer. All MP3's just use an AUX cable anyway and you'll get a better sound from some half decent speakers.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DJninja said:
Yeah go a set of Logitech speakers with a fully sick sub woofer. All MP3's just use an AUX cable anyway and you'll get a better sound from some half decent speakers.
+1 I have a set of 5 speakers and a subwoofer I got for $65 and 2 speakers with a subwoofer for $45. Great value. They have a normal 3.5 plug with an adaptor to connect to tv/DVD/playstation.

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
I was thinking along the lines of a radio transmitterif you had a clock radio in the room will do the trick for about $50 - 100. Will charge the player at the same time. Didn't even think of logitech-style speaker set with aux/usb port.

RCOH

Eats Squid
thanks. Logitech seems to be the go then.

We have only got a about 1.5' squared available area. Will this be enough room?