Ipod Nano?

THISISTC

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys

I was wondering if there was still places around where i can get the 3rd generation ipod nano. My mate works at Dick smith and he said they stopped selling them ages ago. I want to know if anyone knows a website or shop where i can get one. I tried ebay but its all Refurbished crap. Even if someone on here has one they want to get rid of, Im happy to purchase it off you.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The re-furbished ones off/from apple stores are perfectly fine and are way cheaper than a brand new one.

THISISTC

Likes Dirt
The bloke who sells the Refurbished ones off ebay. Has had 8 negative comments in the last 8 days. All of them complaining of items not being recieved.

What the link to the apple forum.

THISISTC

Likes Dirt
I've tried Ebay but its seem to be only the one guy who sells them and thats the guy who doesnt send his shit

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well he does want a Nano..

But in all seriousness, find an eBay seller with good rating, then buy of them. Buying of apple is sometimes good but eBay you will probably find cheaper..
STFU nano's are strong as. Mine fell out of my pocket and got jammed in my cassette/drive train and still works. 3rd gen are the best. My sis has a new one and it's crap.

Jordo99

Likes Dirt
STFU nano's are strong as. Mine fell out of my pocket and got jammed in my cassette/drive train and still works. 3rd gen are the best. My sis has a new one and it's crap.
amen!
mine is indestructible. not thats its a good thing I've dropped it:eek:
my sis has a fourth gen as well, they are not as good but i wouldn't say they suck.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
up until the new nanos, the old LCDs featured a plastic face similar to that of a mobile phone, but for the new shaker ones they have a glass face (like the touch and iPhone) and crack when dropped.

I ride with my 2nd gen and havent had any issues. Id suggest an arm band as it can be put up near your shoulder and protected more when riding. i wear mine under the jersey and thread the headphones up through my neck and then into the helmet, reduces snags...

W2ttsy

mr_casual

Likes Dirt
haha im f%^#en tough as guts because i can drop my ipod and not have to worry about it! wowzers isnt that something to show off, lets be serious here for a minute, the new ones are the best because they are anodized and dont scratch, they have genius, they have shake, and they actually fit in your hand so you cant drop them, not to mention the coverflow when you turn the thing sideways and all the coolsome games, and the price difference compared to the old ones. shall i keep going

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
haha im f%^#en tough as guts because i can drop my ipod and not have to worry about it! wowzers isnt that something to show off, lets be serious here for a minute, the new ones are the best because they are anodized and dont scratch, they have genius, they have shake, and they actually fit in your hand so you cant drop them, not to mention the coverflow when you turn the thing sideways and all the coolsome games, and the price difference compared to the old ones. shall i keep going
you do realise that i am the mac zealot on this site and for me to openly slam an apple product is a big deal?

Of course the new ones are packed with new technology, its what apple does. however, given that this is a riding forum, and that many people (including myself) like to ride trails with music going, having a new, fragile iPod isnt the best idea.
I've seen my fair share of smashed iPhones and iPod Touches, and most of the breakages were drop related. Glass doesnt work in a rough and tumble environment, period.

The reason i mentioned the second gen Nano is due to 3 things:
1) they have a non glass screen, so if they drop it wont shatter the screen. a big issue with the new nanos.
2) its a thin form factor (thinner than the new ones) and therefore can be worn in an arm band under clothes.
3) its got a basic operation that works well with gloves on. Shake, coverflow and games arent much use when out riding. I just set mine on a playlist made in iTunes and then thats it till im finished my ride.

Also, second and third gen Nanos were also anodized. Doesnt mean it wont get scratched, just means that there is no paint to scrape off.

I am happy to "get serious" with you, and can list many more reasons why the new nano isnt practical for riding applications.

W2ttsy

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it's only for riding, why not just buy a flash drive MP3 player?

Mine was $23.75 for a 2GB player thats tiny as hell, and flash drive = no hard drive which = much stronger.

I used to have a really old Ipod, which was like a fricken brick, I had a gigantic dint in the back of it and it still never broke, until the day it did die... but now all I use them for is Gym so I just hit up cheap MP3 player and walla ;)

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
If it's only for riding, why not just buy a flash drive MP3 player?

Mine was $23.75 for a 2GB player thats tiny as hell, and flash drive = no hard drive which = much stronger.
The only downside to those cheap nasty players is there is no music management. no playlists, no shuffle, just drag and drop files in explorer. iPod shuffle would be a better choice. Comes in 1 or 2Gb and starts at $65...

also, apart from iPod Classic, all iPods/iPhones are flash memory now. The way of the future...

W2ttsy

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only downside to those cheap nasty players is there is no music management. no playlists, no shuffle, just drag and drop files in explorer. iPod shuffle would be a better choice. Comes in 1 or 2Gb and starts at $65...

also, apart from iPod Classic, all iPods/iPhones are flash memory now. The way of the future...

W2ttsy
But mine has shuffle, and its pretty much the cheapest of the cheapest :confused:

Playlists is fair enough though, I spose to me it doesn't matter cause I only use it for an hour and a half a day. One thing I wouldn't mind is those waterproof Ipod's that company makes :D

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am getting one of these new ipod nanos for my b'day on friday.
Just wondering, how hard is it to setup for win-amp use? I found a guide and it said i had to install itunes. I really dont want to have anything to do with itunes on my computer, because it converts files or something? Also i constantly hear when people sync ipods they fk up... (loose all music)

Can you just change it to flash drive sorta use, without loosing any functionality and without using itunes?