Ipswich End of the Month Club Race - Downhill.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
End of the Month Club Race - Downhill.

The club race will be a “Downhill” held at Castle Hill on Sunday 27th February.

Rego & Practice: 7am
Racing: 10am

Cost is $5.00 for club members and $10.00 for non-members. For more info contact NRG Cycles on 3202 2272.

MTBA Day licenses available on the day.

It is advisable to wear your protective gear (gloves, pad, etc).

NO HELMENT NO RACE.

Last edited by a moderator:
yer

yer it better be racing and not TIME TRIALS cause i found that so boring cause it was just like u were rideing down the track for a random reason

Joly Joe Rider

Likes Dirt
Yer, because if I knew that there wasn't a trophy at the end if I won I would never ride my bike again because I hate riding unless I know I can win something.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Joly Joe Rider said:
Yer, because if I knew that there wasn't a trophy at the end if I won I would never ride my bike again because I hate riding unless I know I can win something.
quit now.......

DOM

Eats Squid
JonoPorter_911 said:
yer it better be racing and not TIME TRIALS cause i found that so boring cause it was just like u were rideing down the track for a random reason
So you would rather just have 1 timed run ? and never know whether your improving or not ?

The purpose of these club races is for self improvement... they are not big serious competition races .. NRG is the only Club doing this sort of self improvement day for their members .. and non members I might add.

So instead of crying about it .. why not take it for what it is .. and use the time trail format to improve your riding\fitness.

You can still compare you times with your mates after the morning session and then you can brag.

Imagine getting out of bed at 6:30 so you can sit at the bottom of a hill with a stop watch ? The Club is trying a new format .. which received alot of positive feedback .. so give it a while eh.

I think it's a great idea .. and gives new comers/ serious riders an oppurtunity to test their skills without being nervous about a 1 off expensive race run.

tu plang

knob
Blacky88 said:
theres something wrong with the spelling of ipswich, but i cant work out what it is
heh, i didnt want to be the one to make the correction. i thought it might have been some in-house joke, i remember as a kid we used to travel to warwick a lot and i also thought it was pronounced ipswitched.

Joly Joe Rider

Likes Dirt
DOM said:
So you would rather just have 1 timed run ? and never know whether your improving or not ?

The purpose of these club races is for self improvement... they are not big serious competition races .. NRG is the only Club doing this sort of self improvement day for their members .. and non members I might add.

So instead of crying about it .. why not take it for what it is .. and use the time trail format to improve your riding\fitness.

You can still compare you times with your mates after the morning session and then you can brag.

Imagine getting out of bed at 6:30 so you can sit at the bottom of a hill with a stop watch ? The Club is trying a new format .. which received alot of positive feedback .. so give it a while eh.

I think it's a great idea .. and gives new comers/ serious riders an oppurtunity to test their skills without being nervous about a 1 off expensive race run.
And he surely can't say that he has never just gone out and done runs with his mates. That is just riding down a hill for some radom reason (Most people call it FUN).

Ruckus_boy

Likes Bikes
Ah yeh so it's Time runs, yeh i'll be there couldnt go last time got my arm out of my cast the day before, time runs is still good fun.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Blacky88 said:
its a pity u cant show sarcasm on the internet
True. I get he was being sarcastic, just replying the same way any of my mates would if I actually said that :)

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Great day.

I was the guy on the rampage in the fox blue/black jersey who nutted rear tyre on the chute at the end.

"Yer, because if I knew that there wasn't a trophy at the end if I won I would never ride my bike again because I hate riding unless I know I can win something."you seem pretty confident that u r gonna win m8.if you arnt riding cause you enjoy it.you should stop.
thanx nrg for a great day.i shaved 10 sec's off my time and posted 1:56.i am verry happy with that.i probarbly came 20th over all but i dont care.im faster than i was so im happy.my m8 sue(the german chick) was 1 sec behind me.lol.well done m8.hope i see ya out again riding soon.i will be out again next month.thanx again nrg,much apreciated.(i was on the 05 stinky wearing a blue and grey kona race jersey)

peep

Likes Bikes
ok guys, sorry for the delay but here are a few photos from the day. I had a bit of a shocker so there aren't too many - sorry if I didn't get a decent one of you! pm me if you want any full size for your pool room...

pip

Attachments