IQ test question that is doing my head in

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
0, 1, 2, 5, 20, 25, ?, ?

What 2 numbers replace the question marks?

I skipped this question during the test (iPhone app) and it has haunted me since. I have double checked the question and the numbers are right, and the app doesn't give me the answers.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm. To me, looks like it's going +1, X2, +3, x4, +5

So you would go X6, then +7

Or 150, 157.

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
The first reply and you have cracked it.

Man I have been trying for about 2 days, and have had 3 IT staff at work trying for a couple of hours.

It's all about patterns eh, not so much about maths.

Thankyou, I can sleep tonight.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The first reply and you have cracked it.

Man I have been trying for about 2 days, and have had 3 IT staff at work trying for a couple of hours.

It's all about patterns eh, not so much about maths.

Thankyou, I can sleep tonight.
Remember this for future reference. Oh, so true.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it's all guesswork if you just look at the numbers alone, but if you can find out how they go from one to the next then that's usually the key. Happy to help :)

Tell your IT guys to stop trying to Google everything and actually apply some brainpower :D - I suspect it's become second nature now to just do a search - hehe.

Kingswood

Likes Dirt
Yeah it's all guesswork if you just look at the numbers alone, but if you can find out how they go from one to the next then that's usually the key. Happy to help :)
Yeah that's what I was trying to do, but was trying to find a constant increment rather than thinking of an alternating increment. Very clever indeed.

Tell your IT guys to stop trying to Google everything and actually apply some brainpower :D - I suspect it's become second nature now to just do a search - hehe.
Mate they tried kicking it old school with pencils, but you beat them easily. I think they have a new respect for MTB riders now.