Ironhorse SGS (Yellow)

Joel333

Likes Bikes
Sick as, looks really nice in yellow with the 888's, how do the 888's ride, are they heavy compared to other forks???

JT

Squid
Note; My 888 is the 7" 888RT version, which is the low-end version of the fork. It weighs about the same as my old Boxxer did, and even with heavy springs it is much softer than the Boxxer, but I haven't bottomed it yet, so it is very progressive towards the end of the travel.

But right now, my fork is leaking oil through a hairline crack in the right-side lower leg, but this is a warranty issue, and should be taken care of.

Overall a great fork! (Can't say anything about the 888R, as I have never ridden one).

JT

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Iron Horse have really stepped up man...
That bike looks trick!!
I am really considering putting down the coin and getting one... although I would probably get the SGS Freeride, do you know if there is any difference or is it purely fork and component difference??

domtb

Likes Bikes
yeh the top of the line iron horse are good but never buy a g-out my friend snapped the rear shock the first day and shot the front suspension spring into his eye almost blinded himself he went to get insurance and they give a new rear but wouldnt give him a new front fork :roll:

JT

Squid
Fat_Ride said:
Iron Horse have really stepped up man...
That bike looks trick!!
I am really considering putting down the coin and getting one... although I would probably get the SGS Freeride, do you know if there is any difference or is it purely fork and component difference??
The frames are very different. The freeride frames only have 7" travel, they look different, and I bet the angles are different too.
They are deffinantly not the same frames as the SGS DH bikes.