Is it bad? Carbon Frame Damage

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Devo Guys!! :(:(:(

Had a little fall today and just my luck a rock was sticking out and has damaged the rear triangle brake calliper side just below it (see pics)

Is it bad (I feel like it is)? Should I be concerned? What do I do?

That's shit mate. You all good?

So hard to tell from a pic of carbon damage but don't stress too much as carbon is very easily repaired. Let your fingers do the googling and I'm sure someone close by will be able to repair and paint.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hope you're okay @zooks. Assuming this is on your Carbonda, it might be worth contacting them and asking for a price on a crash replacement rear triangle and comparing that to prices to repair locally. Does look like there could be some fractures in the carbon which wouldn't be good, but like @kten says it's always hard to judge from a picture.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Devo Guys!! :(:(:(

Had a little fall today and just my luck a rock was sticking out and has damaged the rear triangle brake calliper side just below it (see pics)

Is it bad (I feel like it is)? Should I be concerned? What do I do?

Have you tried the tap test?
As noted, it maybe cheaper to replace than repair given the brand.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Its severed fibres in the top layer at least, so it is compromised id say. How much and how critically is another question! I'd be looking at repairing or replacing rather than just sending it.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Given the location and the stresses that are imparted by the rear axle and hard braking, I'd say even a repairer would be inclined to tell you to bin it