Is there a Saturday morning road ride in Wollongong???

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all, I'm heading to Wollongong for the weekend and was looking for a road ride to join on Saturday morning. I have checked bunchridefinder.com.au and it only has rides down south of the city. I'll be staying up at Fairy Meadow so looking for something that will be easy to get to by bike from there.
Thanks.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Hey mate. It's all good in Wollongong. From fairy meadow go north or south. South head down to kiama or Gerringong. North from where you are would be better, get over the distributor VIA Elliots road, head north on Pioneer, follow the beach til Austinmer, then follow Princes Hwy north to Bald Hill. Turn back there or go into Royal National Park for a loop or two first. If you wait by sea cliff bridge at dawn there will be riders through before long. Otherwise get on Strava and see who rides it regular and hit them up. I'll come from further south if I can get my derailleur fixed tonight. You could ride with me but I'm on a hardtail so likely to slow you down. Feel free to pm me tho.
Demon

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks mate, will head up to bald hill sometime in the morning. Will be fun if this wind sticks around.