Is there a tool to cut cable ties neatly?

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Grab it with a pair of pliers and twist it till it breaks.
Heat up the end with a cigarette lighter.
Flatten it out with a butter knife.

I've never actually done this or know anyone who has.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Bunch of wizards in here... can anyone tell me the best way to wipe my ass? I'm sick of getting poo on my finger.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Don't spread your fingers. That leads to paper break through every time and inadvertent self penetration.
Cup your palm so that it behaves like an ice cream scoop instead of a salad fork.

Richie451

Cannon Fodder
Use garden shears!

I'm a part time bike mechanic. The shop I work at we use garden shears - perfect cut almost every time!

PJO

in me vL comy
Don't spread your fingers. That leads to paper break through every time and inadvertent self penetration.
Cup your palm so that it behaves like an ice cream scoop instead of a salad fork.
I've learnt a lot from this thread, but this is the highlight; prevention of inadvertent self penetration. :thumb: :rofl:
I don't think I will ever look at a chocolate covered ice cream scoop the same way again!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Whatever tool you use, just grab a lighter or some other incendiary device to heat the sharp part up so it rounds it off.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
so i see a few sparkies have commented here, im a dual trade sparky, industrial and cert 4 plc. i cut ties by the 1000's week in week out, and the only 100% and time efficient tool is the marvel cutter.

Any beveled edge cutter will leave a point, the plier method takes too long, a knife will work well but again too slow for me.

this is my tool of the trade been using them for years!

http://www.marvelcorp.co.jp/global/nippers.html <- the top one is the cable tie cutter notice the flush cutting surface