Is there an Aussie Klunker/Clunker bike??

Adam_NA

Likes Bikes
That looks like a fun ride.

I've had a Shimano coaster brake laying around for a year or two waiting for a bike to put it in, I really should get around to that

floody

Wheel size expert
Malvern Star Skidstar? Repco Beachcomber?

Otherwise theres plenty of coaster brake cruisers you could buy with a superficial resemblance to the fat tyre Schwinns.

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
Last year was the first time with only four riders on old bikes, this year we had twenty riders.

Will post something here next year in case anyone is interested.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
not aussie but made me laugh

sorry for the gravedig too

Transition Bikes is proud to announce a giant step backwards with their latest bike. The Klunker features absolutely no technology and is in no way optimized. 4130 chromoly, moto handlebar, DH tires and a coaster brake are all the features you need to rip your favorite trails or cruise downtown to grab a beer.

Coming in at 32 lbs for the complete bike, the Klunker is incredibly lightweight for a Klunker. Another thing that is lightweight about the Klunker is the price, $849.95 for the complete bike. Two colour options are available, “OG MTB Green" or "Klunkin Ain't Easy Orange".

SPECS:

1 size fits all
Chromoly 3 piece BMX style crankset
Kenda Nevegal 2.35 DH tires
Transition Park n Ride Jump Saddle
Motorcycle Handlebar (800mm wide)
Slack 67 Degree Head Angle
Coaster Brake

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Come on guys, you older blokes must have an old klunker that you ride??
My Father in Law was in awe the first time I showed him my mountain bike. He couldn't believe how the tech had come along since he used to 'Bush bash' when he was a kid.

He told me that back when he was a kid (he's 65 now) him and his brother used to take their fixed wheel bikes into the bush around Appin and cut tracks and jumps and berms and stuff. They'd get air on these things.
Just basic stuff, but they were the first two kids in the area to do so.
The only mods they did taking most of the air out of the tyres to make the landing off the jumps a little easier on the wrists and changin the cog sizes to make it easier to ride up the dirt hills.

That's the first mountian biking / klunker I know of (in NSW at least).

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
not aussie but made me laugh

sorry for the gravedig too

Transition Bikes is proud to announce a giant step backwards with their latest bike. The Klunker features absolutely no technology and is in no way optimized. 4130 chromoly, moto handlebar, DH tires and a coaster brake are all the features you need to rip your favorite trails or cruise downtown to grab a beer.

Coming in at 32 lbs for the complete bike, the Klunker is incredibly lightweight for a Klunker. Another thing that is lightweight about the Klunker is the price, $849.95 for the complete bike. Two colour options are available, “OG MTB Green" or "Klunkin Ain't Easy Orange".

SPECS:

1 size fits all
Chromoly 3 piece BMX style crankset
Kenda Nevegal 2.35 DH tires
Transition Park n Ride Jump Saddle
Motorcycle Handlebar (800mm wide)
Slack 67 Degree Head Angle
Coaster Brake
I think I'd prefer to spend $600 less on one of the Aussie Cruisers from Velogear...weight be damned!

floody

Wheel size expert
One of those heaps of junk from Velogear would be toast before you lost sight of the tarmac.

[video=vimeo;51119615]http://vimeo.com/51119615[/video]

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Of course it would be!! But the truth is why spend big money on a fake trendoid clunker when there are so many other proper clunkers out there available for sod all?

floody

Wheel size expert
Proper = fragile? Not seeing the problem, the transition one is like the same price as a bargain basement dirtjump hardtail and a lot easier to ride to the pub.