Is there anything Graves can't do?

Mr Pants

skanky media ho

From BMXA media:

Queenslander Jared Graves (Toowoomba), got a clean win in the BMX UCI Oceania Round #7 in Canberra today. The 24 year old used his early lead to stay out of trouble and win his second UCI race this year. Graves lead in the first straight and with a long track by BMX standards he managed to retain the lead from Billy Joliffe (Tamworth). Joliffe is coming back to form after being the highest placed Australian at the World Championships last year. Third was Khalen Young (Campbelltown, SYD).

Fellow Queenslanders were not so lucky with Wade Bootes, (Broadbeach, QLD) flipping at the gate and Kamakazi (Jimboomba, QLD) tangled with Alexander Cameraon (Liverpool, SYD) in the first straight to crash.

After winning today Jared Graves now leads the Oceania Ranking with New Zealander, Matthew Cameron just one point behind. Second placed today, Billy Joliffe moves up in rankings into third also just one point behind Cameron.

With a National Title in Downhill Mountain Bike last month in Canberra has turned his attention to BMX to try to make the World Championship team in BMX and then perhaps the Olympic squad for Beijing.

Elite women’s racing was dominated by New Zealand’s Sarah Walker. The 18 year old impressed by a strong lead in the final race of the women’s three races. Over three races she then took out the overall points with leading Australian rider, Tanya Bailey (Perth) placing second. Third on points was National Championships Krystal Cranfield (Gladstone) showing a strong return to form. Two time World Mountain Cross Champion, Jill Kintner(USA) had her first BMX race in Australia and did not disappoint with a fourth place.

Riders line up next week in New Zealand.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Its great to see him getting some success in the BMX world, but its a real shame he has to ditch MTB to try to get into the Olympics.

DH would be a fantastic spectator sport for the Olympics, its pretty much the same as downhill skiing and thats in the Winter Olympics.

Anyone know if Yeti made his BMX?

S.

ex offender
I heard he's flexy.

Seriously though, that is pretty damn impressive. Quite possibly the most well-rounded rider around at the moment.

mike-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last night at BMX I heard some of the guys that went to the event talking about a team named "Yeti" and how they thought it sounded stupid.

I was like WHAT :eek:

I'd love to have one, and ride for them, so shut up fool..

So I presume he is riding for Yeti in the BMX scene, not sure if they made his frame though, I have never ever seen one.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
but its a real shame he has to ditch MTB to try to get into the Olympics.
Errr, he's not. He's racing the full set of world cups and world champs this year for DH and 4x. He has no plans at all to give up mountain biking, he is first and foremost a mountain biker. If he does get selected to goto Beijing next year he may not ride all the mountain bike races in 2008, but as soon as it is over he'd be back racing mtb full time.

Last edited:

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
Last night at BMX I heard some of the guys that went to the event talking about a team named "Yeti" and how they thought it sounded stupid.

I was like WHAT :eek:

I'd love to have one, and ride for them, so shut up fool..

So I presume he is riding for Yeti in the BMX scene, not sure if they made his frame though, I have never ever seen one.

from watching the round in melbourne and checking out his bike, im pretty sure it isnt a yeti made bmx, it just had all the decals over it to look like a yeti, so it really could be any bike, but when looking at other rides there it resembles a REVTEC,.....which are freaken awesome bmx frames.....
anyone got anymore insight on this....

peanut

Likes Dirt
just saw the AA finals this arvo. Not sure what it was for
as sat was the UCI round?, todays was state??
anyhow graves wasn't in the final, madill won with a close push and shove while in the air with a kiwi over the last 2 doubles, very cool.
Caroline bucannan(sp?) won over jill kintner, man all those girls put most guys to shame.

bmxbandit

Likes Bikes
just saw the AA finals this arvo. Not sure what it was for
as sat was the UCI round?, todays was state??
anyhow graves wasn't in the final, madill won with a close push and shove while in the air with a kiwi over the last 2 doubles, very cool.
cant be in a final if he wasnt racing...... a lot of guys didnt race the act champs, they were only there for the UCI/Probikx