is this bike worth it?? giant dh2

zzzz

Squid
A guy I know is looking to sell his mtb but he doesn't know what it is worth really and neither do I, so here goes.

its a 1999 Giant ATX DH2 with;
2000 model 6" travel Boxxers
Shock Works 7" travel rear shock and standard rock shox 6" shock
Hayes hydraulic front disc
Formula hydraulic rear disc
Answer DH Bars
Azonic Shorty 75mm stem
Giant platform pedals
Shimano DX pedals
Race Face Cranks
Canadian spire 42T front chainring
Shimano LX/XT Rapidfire 9 spd drivetrain
Mavic 321 Disc rims
AC chainguide
Hutchinson DH Tyres

Just wondering what it is really worth second hand as I am interested in buying it off him.

cheers

Z

CHEWY

Eats Squid
how much is he asking?
my mate wanted to sell his for $1900 or so... nice bikes they are

zzzz

Squid
He is asking $1000 but I believe he might sell it for only $800 or so if I get lucky and can scrape up the $ needed.

Those angles are all completely out in the pic as well.

What sort of frame size would this have?
I am 6'5" and 96kg so need something with some room :)

thanks for the quick replies.

cheers

z

S.

ex offender
zzzz said:
He is asking $1000 but I believe he might sell it for only $800 or so if I get lucky and can scrape up the $ needed.

Those angles are all completely out in the pic as well.

What sort of frame size would this have?
I am 6'5" and 96kg so need something with some room :)

thanks for the quick replies.

cheers

z
BUY! Even if it doesn't fit you, you should be able to sell it for another ~500 on top of the $1k he's asking!

dugfast

Likes Dirt
Jesus!!!! 800!??!?!?!??! am i the only one that can't find a guy ripping himself off so i get a good deal?

J3T-PuLsAr

Likes Dirt
nah i recon its only worth $500 so he'd better sell it to me..........snap it up b4 he comes consious and realises what he's doing. its always good to rip off mates too lol, well as long as they dont realise cos it might get abit awkward if he realises....lol

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
are you sure there's not something seriously wrong with the forks or another part, maybe a crack in the frame or something? The price seems a little bit sus to me but he could just be short on cash. If it is all legit than go for it.

S.

ex offender
_q_ said:
I'd say about 900 coz its a few years old. The colours are whacky!!
Those bikes (of that age) generally go for ~$1500, in my experience. $1k is a damn good deal!