Is Toe Overlap an Issue on Size Small Norcos?

steve17

Squid
Hi everybody.

I want to buy a 2008 Norco Manik in a Small Frame Size.

However, I am worried about Toe Overlap, meaning when I steer with my crank out straight, my toes may hit the front wheel.

Does ANYONE here own a 2007 or 2008 Norco Hardtail?
(2007 and 2008 Norcos have the same Geometry, and all the Hardtail frames are the same)

If you do, how much clearance do you have between your pedals when they are flat (and crank is straight) and the front tire?

If anyone who owns a Size Small Norco could possible measure the distance between the flat pedal (with crank straight) and the front tire and then post here telling me the measurement, I will be very greatful.
Because then I will be able to compare it to my own bike and determine weather or not i will have enough Clearance.

Thanks in advance

steve17

Squid
Anyone?

I just realised the 08 Manik has a 24" back wheel and I dislike that setup so I'm going to go with an 08 Rampage now.

But the Geometry is still exactly the same, so can anyone answer my question?

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone?

I just realised the 08 Manik has a 24" back wheel and I dislike that setup so I'm going to go with an 08 Rampage now.

But the Geometry is still exactly the same, so can anyone answer my question?

No it dosnt.... it has a 26" single strack.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Gday mate,

I have an 08 Norco Manik in a Medium. You could fit a semi-trailer between the front wheel and the cranks/foot at forward position. There would be at least 15-20cm(conservative estimate) gap on a medium, not sure on the small though. I have never considered this kind of thing when buying a bike.

steve17

Squid
Gday mate,

I have an 08 Norco Manik in a Medium. You could fit a semi-trailer between the front wheel and the cranks/foot at forward position. There would be at least 15-20cm(conservative estimate) gap on a medium, not sure on the small though. I have never considered this kind of thing when buying a bike.
Alright thanks =) And do you ride with the centre of your foot over the pedals?

Yeah it's something I had never considered until the other day when I rode my friends Size small Eastern something and my foot was hitting the front tire, rather annoying really.

#%SwiTCH#%

Likes Bikes
the ball of your foot (aka the hard but that hits the ground when barefoot) should be touching the pedal. apparently it gets more power to the ground??

hope that helps

Dicky

Punter God
The Eastern (t-bird / night train? I'm guessing) is a dedicated street / jump bike, and thus has a steeper head angle (bringing the front wheel closer) and a shorter travel fork to suit.
Couple that with a small frame, and yeah, you'll probably get a bit of overlap.

A big, slacked-out DH / freeride bike like the Manik, with a dirty great long fork on the front, is not ever going to have overlap issues - in fact, you may find the smallest Manik still has more clearance than the largest Eastern.

steve17

Squid
The Eastern (t-bird / night train? I'm guessing) is a dedicated street / jump bike, and thus has a steeper head angle (bringing the front wheel closer) and a shorter travel fork to suit.
Couple that with a small frame, and yeah, you'll probably get a bit of overlap.

A big, slacked-out DH / freeride bike like the Manik, with a dirty great long fork on the front, is not ever going to have overlap issues - in fact, you may find the smallest Manik still has more clearance than the largest Eastern.
alright thanks. Yeah I don't know what it is but it's a park bike.

I should be fine then =) Can't wait to get a Manik

Last edited: