Israel v. Hamas - Everyone's a winner!!

Jay_Patriot

Likes Bikes
You have to laugh at the video, the still that is visible looks like the guy is trying to put out a car bomb with a cup of water :)

I would have thought that Lebanon and Hamas would have taken the ceasefire a bit more graciously, seeing that 700 people have been killed.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Israel funded by the US, every year

Before we get to far into this, can anyone confirm (Johnny maybe) that the Israelies get billions of $US every year to spend on military hardware.

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
Yes, they do.
I remember catching this "US-Israel funding" on the late news one night several years ago, remember when Israel put a D11 bulldozer into homes on the Gaza strip.

Total animals, I have no sympathy for the Israelis/Jews, they play the "God's chosen ones" & "Holocaust victims" card way too much.

S.

ex offender
I remember catching this "US-Israel funding" on the late news one night several years ago, remember when Israel put a D11 bulldozer into homes on the Gaza strip.

Total animals, I have no sympathy for the Israelis/Jews, they play the "God's chosen ones" & "Holocaust victims" card way too much.
I can see where you're coming from, but the Palestinians are hardly innocent of any wrongdoing either. As Binaural said, not much sympathy for either side.

Ryan

Radministrator
My sympathy lies with the Palestinians only to point that they're on the wrong side of a massive force imbalance and effectively locked into a giant concentration/refugee camp with little-to-no chance of getting out for the majority of innocent civilians.

I definitely don't agree with the vast majority of what Hamas believes or does, but for fucks sake, the Israeli's are indiscriminately shelling a refugee camp. Any claims they have to the moral high ground is bunk. Just because a mosquito irritates you doesn't mean you use an anti-aircraft gun to shoot it down.

Binaural

Eats Squid
My sympathy lies with the Palestinians only to point that they're on the wrong side of a massive force imbalance and effectively locked into a giant concentration/refugee camp with little-to-no chance of getting out for the majority of innocent civilians.

I definitely don't agree with the vast majority of what Hamas believes or does, but for fucks sake, the Israeli's are indiscriminately shelling a refugee camp. Any claims they have to the moral high ground is bunk. Just because a mosquito irritates you doesn't mean you use an anti-aircraft gun to shoot it down.
Collective punishment should be the name for a movie about huckers with a learning disability, not a strategy in international politics.

Ozchuck

Likes Dirt
I can see where you're coming from, but the Palestinians are hardly innocent of any wrongdoing either. As Binaural said, not much sympathy for either side.
lolz, surely you jest?
The palestinians havent done anything to the jews, the jews lost a few lives thanks to hamas. Hamas are the bad guys, not palestinians.
The israelis have a hard time understanding that.

Regardless of wrongdoing by either side, the israelis are still bombing ambulances, schools, and killing women and children. 2 wrongs do NOT make a right. but what it DOES do is ensure the next generation of palestinians remembers to hate israel as well.

My heart goes out to the palestinian people, and I really do want to do anythign I can do to help them.

mtb1611

Seymour
lolz, surely you jest?
The palestinians havent done anything to the jews, the jews lost a few lives thanks to hamas. Hamas are the bad guys, not palestinians.

Regardless of wrongdoing by either side, the israelis are still bombing ambulances, schools, and killing women and children. 2 wrongs do NOT make a right. but what it DOES do is ensure the next generation of palestinians remembers to hate israel as well.

My heart goes out to the palestinian people, and I really do want to do anythign I can do to help them.
The Palestinians haven't done anything to the Jews? As much as I deplore the Israeli "tactics" used to eliminate Hamas one can hardly excuse the palestinians of any wrongdoing. Both sides have a deep, inate hatred for the other, generally to the point where they'll do anything to hurt each other, regradless of collateral damage. Hamas was voted into power; the Palestinians willingly voted in an organisation whose declared aim is to destroy Israel. They are now reaping what they have sown. That said, I feel that Israel's callous indifference to the innocents being killed in the attacks (half of whom are children) is beyond disgusting. Israel seem to think that the death of hundreds of civilians is justified if it kills one member of Hamas.

You want to do anything you can to help them do you? So why are you chatting on a mountain bike forum instead of throwing house bricks at tanks on the Gaza Strip?

I do however agree with your statement of the current generation hating Israel; same applies for Israeli attitudes towards Palestine though.

Last edited:

Dug

Likes Dirt
The road to peace?

The road to peace?

How does anyone think that by creating more war that there will be more of the opposite..

1+1=2

War + war = a bigger war

When will people realise?:confused:

The only thing you get more of by taking something away from is a hole and this one is getting ever deeper

Last edited:

Graunched

Likes Dirt
lolz, surely you jest?
And who voted Hamas into power, which has effectively made the situation worse?

You reap what you sew!

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
During World War I, the British sought Jewish support in the fight against Germany. This and support for Zionism from Prime-Minister Lloyd-George led to foreign minister, Lord Balfour making the Balfour Declaration of 1917, stating that the British Government "view[ed] with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people"..."it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine".

That sounds fair.

MasterOfReality

After forever

Totally agree. Its almost like when the world's attention to the Jewish cause is slipping, Israel trots out another Holocaust Memorial Guilt Day or something along those lines, something that reminds everyone of their justification for whats going on over there.

On the other hand, with the amount of shit they have copped (well you would sort of expect that with the creation of Israel), you can't expect their army to be any less ruthless than what they are. I saw on the news this morning that they have now bombed a UN aid truck or something similar.

Morons.

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
The problem isn't the size or funding of Israel's military. It's not Queensbury rules where you’re supposed to have a fair fight or anything - I'm not sure any military would or should operate that way. Same goes for the proportionate response. Things really wouldn't be better if Israel matched Hamas's strategy of just randomly launching hundreds of missiles in the general direction of Gaza. The problem also isn't that Israel remembers or places a lot of importance on the holocaust.

The problem is that this is a cycle that is ongoing, and it's always the same. Hamas knew that by launching hundreds of missiles into Israel that they would get exactly the response they got, because Israel always responds this way. Hamas make a big show of defending Gaza, and the Gazans think "Well, Hamas is protecting us and Fatah (who run the Palastinian authority) are doing nothing so we'll keep them as our leaders, thank you very much".

Israel has an election coming up. At about this time, even though Hamas has been firing missiles for months and months, it's looks good for the incumbent government to launch an offensive and 'protect' the Israeli people from missiles. The opposition, lead by a crazzed Right-wing nutter, is promising much tougher action on the Gazans, and will most likely get voted in.

And the cycle will begin again in 6 months time.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Jews and the Palestinians have been offing each other over Gaza for thousands of years, and will be offing each other over it in a thousand years from now.

Don't we have enough problems at home to worry about?

mtb1611

Seymour
The Jews and the Palestinians have been offing each other over Gaza for thousands of years, and will be offing each other over it in a thousand years from now.

Don't we have enough problems at home to worry about?
Your final sentence is a very valid point, and one which self-appointed crusaders are often ignorant of. People seem to become emotive and forceful regarding issues presented to them by the media; these issues more often than not revolve around events and scenarios outisde Australia. If people wish to exercise their moral compass there are more than enough domestic issues to contend with: DOCs, employment, health, transport, public housing, crime...... If onlyame degree of vitriol and passion were directed towards issues within our borders.