Issue installing new dh fork

-<KURT>-

Likes Dirt
I bought a pair of 2010 boxxer teams for my 08 glory and tried putting them on today. Ive found though that the top crown seems to come up short on the stantion, as in it wont come down far enough down the stantion and the crown clamps are level with the damper knobs.

Basicly I dont know whether I need a different headset or something or if theres some way to solve it. Any help would be great thanks :D

Ivan

Eats Squid
Consult the manual for how far you can raise the stanchions through the lower crown. If this is insufficient to meet the upper crown, then you will need a drop crown.

2010 RS Boxxer Manual said:
Install the fork onto the bike.
Aluiminum or steel crown-steerer: install
your stem according to the manufacturer's
instructions and adjust the headset until you feel
no play or drag.
Dual crown-steerer: use a short upper crown for
head tube and headset stack heights less than
148 mm or a tall upper crown for head tube and
headset stack heights up to 168 mm. Adjust the
upper crown height to accomodate steerer tube
measurements and tighten upper crown bolts to
5.1-9.0 N·m (45-80 in-lb). Install your stem
according to the manufacturer's instructions and
adjust the headset until you feel no play or drag. If
using a direct mount stem, make sure 5 mm of
steerer tube is exposed above the upper crown.

Check tire clearance whenever you change tires. To do this, compress the fork completely and
ensure there is at least 6 mm of clearance between the top of the inflated tire and the bottom of the
crown.
To compress the fork completely you may need to remove the air pressure or coil spring from
the fork. For complete instructions, refer to the RockShox Technical Manual available on-line
at www.sram.com or www. rockshox.com.
8. Do not let brake or derailleur cables rest on, or be attached to the crown. Abrasion over time may
cause damage to the crown. If contact is unavoidable, use tape or similar protection to cover the
surface.
Crown abrasion is not covered under warranty.
9. Take your bicycle to a qualified dealer for inspection and repair if there is any question of component
integrity due to a crash or other direct impact.
Maxle™ Quick Release thru axle Syst em
Failure to leave 6 mm clearance between the top of the inflated tire and the bottom of the crown
will cause the tire to jam against the crown when the fork is fully compressed which can result
in severe and/or fatal injuries.

Last edited:

-<KURT>-

Likes Dirt
I actually got the tape measure out today to see if I could do that.

they seem to be as low as they can go :/..

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The forks should come with both crowns (unless its just the WC’s that do in my case).. ask who ever you got them from to give you the drop crown.

eg: (see pic attachment)

Attachments

-<KURT>-

Likes Dirt
I bought them second hand, and they came off another bike so thats out of the question. Anyone recommend where I can get them besides ebay?