Issues with my mrs brakes

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

The mrs is having some issues with her brakes. Specifally her *vomits* Hayes So1es.

Problem 1: Rear brake lever has become extremely rigid and has little to no modulation. Completely random it would seem.. Bike was just sitting there doing nothing for about a month.

Problem 2. Front brake... Some sort of bung has popped out of the level assembly and consequently brake fluid squirted out when she attempted to apply the brakes. This missing 'bung', is it going to be easy and cheap to have replaced? Quick would be good too.. We're off camping in a few days. :eek:

Any help very welcome, thank you.

Matt.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Burn the So1es, and buy some Juicy 3's.

I doubt it'd cost much more than getting the So1es repaired.

shiznik

Banned
Seconded. You must destroy her soul.

On a serous note, try letting a little fluid out of the rear maybe?
The brake might have been in the sun, which caused the fluid to expand which is why there may be no modulation now?
Just an idea.
As for the front sounds like you need a new "bung" and a bleed.

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, they are shit house brakes and thats being nice.

When the brake fluid heats up in the sun the little bung pops out letting fluid escape. Thus having no brakes at all.

My sister had those brakes on one of her bikes. She rode it in the sydney to the gong. It happen while she was riding. Luckly it was only one brake. It can be very dangerous.

Agreed - Burn them.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Oh poo.. Looks like all of the local shops are too busy at the moment. The Noosa Enduro aftermath has left them overbooked. :(

I'll keep ringing around.. The mrs will castrate me for not getting it done sooner.

I have a mate that has So1es.. Maybe if I offer to give him a blumpkin (haha) he'll let me borrow his front brake for a week.

Matt.

Last edited: