It's geting to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These forums are so full of shit it's amazing. Even mods are doing it. I mean sure there ment to have some topics that are not about bikes. But there arnt ment to be topics about shit. Things like Food. I mean a whle section had been devoted to food in a mtb site. I think it is getting a little over the top. I am sure there is a random forun somwhere inb the world. Why not post things that have nothing to do with mtbing on that insted of a mtb site.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
I'll agree with the forums being full of tards, but we are still a community. If you don't want to be a part of it, no-one's keeping you here!
Now quit adding to the already copious amounts of 'shit' on this site...

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Cuz its a community of Mountain Bikers. Its ment to be a fun thing, not just to gain crutial infomation about a perticular part. You dont HAVE to goto the cooking forum, you dont HAVE to goto the offtopic area, so i really dont see how it affects you. If i wanted to all i would do is check parts and stuff, general discussion, then leave.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
TJumper said:
http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12291 i mean seriosly people. Look at this thred. What possibel reson does it have in a Mountain Biking Site. May as well got to a kniting and talk about snails.
Hence why it is in 'off topic'. Now you know damn well that there are other bitching threads. Why did you start another? The irony off all the 'crap' in the forums, and you do this! Site Problems and suggestions would have been another smart decision. [/rant]

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
farkin is constantly changing IMO. Stuff like the "Cooking" section is funny and sometimes interesting. Sure people post some crap, i know im guilty but as long as farkin.net holds its mtb roots I'm happy and don't care what the future holds for the site.

Dane

Likes Dirt
TJumper said:
http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12291 i mean seriosly people. Look at this thred. What possibel reson does it have in a Mountain Biking Site. May as well got to a kniting and talk about snails.
thats why its in the ot section. i think that is one of the better posts we get in off-topic. that has allowed a discussion about a current affair. do you not understan what "OFF-TOPIC" means?

although i do agree excessive shit is being posted these days :(

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do under stand what Off Topic Means. But have you read the off topic rules. It's not for stuff like what you had for braeksfast, or little girls smoking bongs. It's for stuff like "Avatars and usernames" and "BMX racing" not "Kazaa" or "Friends From Highschool".

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
m8 u obvisuoly musn't know the meaning of Off Topic. You have been saying that the topic of this website is "Mountain Biking" in general, well, i guess that Off Topic means , anything not to do with mountain bike, hence the threads you have been seeing.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TJumper said:
I do under stand what Off Topic Means. But have you read the off topic rules. It's not for stuff like what you had for braeksfast, or little girls smoking bongs. It's for stuff like "Avatars and usernames" and "BMX racing" not "Kazaa" or "Friends From Highschool".
says who? quit yer whining

Dane

Likes Dirt
Scott said:
The purpose of this forum is to allow people to discuss topics outside MTB. This is not a place to post crap and up your post count. Please remember that people are typically just as interested in the content in this forum as any other forum on this site. Please use common sense.
TJumper said:
i interpret it differently. i agree about the what you had for breakfast thread, its a thread that allows people to saywhatever they wan't really and list shit. whereas Friends From Highschool or the Girls smoking Bongs one, allow a decent discussion, and actually get some different input from people. It allows people to share their opinions on topics other that "which bike is better". We are all here primarily for mtb'ing, but whats wrong with us, as a community, discussing other topics outside of the mtb world. i haven't read the or bmx thread so i'm not going to comment on that, but the kazaa thread is reasonable. why should whoever started it, have to go and find a internet or computer related forum, just to ask about a simple problem they are experiencing, when they are already a member of this forum.

DRUM

Likes Dirt
can't we come onto the forum without been flooded with horrible things which we hear about 24/7 on the news etc.

I dont come onto a bike forum to talk about a kid been kicked infront of a train, whoo! that makes good conversation, paying out some murderers, yeah fun. "What kinda fu#&*ed up C#&T would do that Man!!!!"

whats with the obscession with trying to post up disturbed shit. and its always these topics which get the most talking so everyones trying to create em

yeh im not forced to check out these threads i dont know why i do , but i know theres more and more popping up in active topics (it doesnt annoy as much as it used to)

shmeh. i had to let it out

but basicly the "good" side of farkin is really good IMO

no offence creators of the site youve done an awsome job i dont know what id do without farkin eh..

poridge

Likes Dirt
because...

Because if we all just talked about bikes, we'd be pretty fuckin stoopid! I mean do we ride bikes all day and night? No. So why should we talk about them all the time, only! We all should be curious what other MTBers get up to when not riding.. :wink:

Konaman

Likes Dirt
iLikeBasS said:
why should whoever started it, have to go and find a internet or computer related forum, just to ask about a simple problem they are experiencing, when they are already a member of this forum.
When every person (or the majority) on this forum starts a topic about this simple problem there experiencing it becomes a pain in the arse, if there seeking help for a mtb related problem then fare enough. Its probly safe to say that everyone deserves a random input but there are people in the forums whose inputs are consistantly containing crap.

Dane

Likes Dirt
Konaman said:
iLikeBasS said:
why should whoever started it, have to go and find a internet or computer related forum, just to ask about a simple problem they are experiencing, when they are already a member of this forum.
When every person (or the majority) on this forum starts a topic about this simple problem there experiencing it becomes a pain in the arse, if there seeking help for a mtb related problem then fare enough. Its probly safe to say that everyone deserves a random input but there are people in the forums whose inputs are consistantly containing crap.
yeah your right, it really does need to be looked at case by case. but i know that there are many people here experienced with all sorts of stuff - just look at how many members there are. so i would like to think that if the need was ever to arrise i could post here to utilize this experience and knowledge from all over australia and even the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.