Its here!!

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
To all those girls out there, hi. I thought I would put in the first post to get the ball rolling. I am probably one of the more senior females on the site, so boys I am no hot chick trust me, but if I can help with anything you need to know I will do my best. I am fairly new to riding mountain bikes but I have lots of wonderful friends who can help you if I can't.

Good luck and welcome.

:D

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
On her note id like to introduce myself, youl see me floating around giving random boys crap on here.:p

Names actualy Kristina or as some like to call me "stina the meana" (dont ask) roxys my dogs name, was ll i could think of at the time!

Im realy not a lycra orientated person loveing my DH and dj'n freeride stuff.
Im an xxiv imports team rider, and have worked in the bike industry through various shops for about ahhh 5-6 years, Ive just joined up with the ftf (our dh/xc club) comittee, get my self on the inside;)

If you need a hand or have any questions at all feel free to post up or pm me or any of the other members you feel may help, always glad to help:)

Gabe_88

Squid
ok well i guess ill intoduce myself too!!! im gabe!!! (prounced gabi) lol...
yes im a girl lol... i ride mtb quoted as a natural by a few guys around my awesome town!!! (only chick in town!!) which kinda sucks but all the guys look after me!!! looking for a new bike soon and looking to start racing next year at tananbet (unsure on spelling but its in maitland NSW)

so yeah want to get to no ya's...

seya dudes!!! gabe :eek:

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
I may be blind but what rideing do you do exactly?

and whats tananbet?

good to have you posting up!:D :D

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
ok well i guess ill intoduce myself too!!! im gabe!!! (prounced gabi) lol...
yes im a girl lol... i ride mtb quoted as a natural by a few guys around my awesome town!!! (only chick in town!!) which kinda sucks but all the guys look after me!!! looking for a new bike soon and looking to start racing next year at tananbet (unsure on spelling but its in maitland NSW)

so yeah want to get to no ya's...

seya dudes!!! gabe :eek:
Ah Gabe I am originally from Newcastle!!! Small world!! I moved to Sydney at the beginning of this year and have recently become serious about riding. I've always ridden but not too much off-road (though always had a mtb). Now I've got my eyes set on DH and 4x. Anyway if anyone is up for a ride in Sydney gimme a PM! :)

Gabe_88

Squid
mainly dirt jumping and street, in the same situation as you the closet skatpark would be about 1 hour away at newcastle so yeah... ok well tananbet is a suburb out of maitland were htey hold racing on friday night! its more of a 4x track then a BMX track...
if that helps??

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
MUCH clearer thats wicked as, we used to have something similar here. But it faded out, wehave the odd 4x race on bmx tracks though.

Gabe_88

Squid
lol awesome... so thinking off going out there and hitting up sum jumps... also my bf races so its a help when u have someone who is almost sponsered... we got a BMX track but it in the getto so if u wanna get bashed you go there lol

Last edited:

psychavoc

Likes Bikes
Awesome! :) Good to see a girls only forum up here.

I'm Celia and from New Zealand. My parents moved to Oz a few years ago (so does that count? ;) ). They're in Wollongong. Last time I went visiting there was a DH event I saw advertised around but never got the chance to go and scope it out :(

Ummm.. bike-wise, I've got a Santa Cruz Heckler as my "trail" bike, and a generic Giant XtC1 as my XC bike. Can't wait for the trails to dry up so I can ride my favourite tracks without worrying about falling into huge ruts! :eek:

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
wicked, nice to see you posting celia, new zealand, ive ehard so much about it since people went over there for the worlds, sounds awesome!

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Hey girls!!!,
Im Mandy 18 from sydney i live near Camden but ride in Sutherland area on weekends where i stay at my boyfriends. Have only just got into riding looking into getting into free riding and down hill. I have a trek fuel 80 :)

I tried to make a thread but it says i cant ??:(

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Ah Gabe I am originally from Newcastle!!! Small world!! I moved to Sydney at the beginning of this year and have recently become serious about riding. I've always ridden but not too much off-road (though always had a mtb). Now I've got my eyes set on DH and 4x. Anyway if anyone is up for a ride in Sydney gimme a PM! :)
Hi TerraNik, My name is Maxine. I am one of the more senior females in age that is (my guess) on Farkin. I am new to riding mountain bikes but have been riding motorbikes, both motorcross and road, for years. My son races at State and National level and is in the Under 17 Group. Which is where I get my exposure to MTB, if you get my meaning. I am also the NSWMTB co-odinator for 4X/MTNX. Western Sydney MTB Club run races out at Sydney Olympic Park every month at the Monster 4X track located beside Car Park 5 and will also be running races at Ebenezer come Summer too. They are a wonderful group of people at WSMTB and the racing is a lot of fun. I would love to see more girls join up to MTNX.They are on wsmtb.com.

As for downhill, CCOMTB, at ccomtb.org.au. run monthly downhill races at Ourimbah. The next one is this Sunday the 17th. Again this is a great group of people and they would warmly welcome some fresh faces, especially girls. We are very scarce on the ground, girls in DH, that is.

Again, it is great to see all these girls popping up on Farkin. Hope to see you out at the races soon.

Max:D

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
I am also the NSWMTB co-odinator for 4X/MTNX. Western Sydney MTB Club run races out at Sydney Olympic Park every month at the Monster 4X track located beside Car Park 5 and will also be running races at Ebenezer come Summer too. They are a wonderful group of people at WSMTB and the racing is a lot of fun. I would love to see more girls join up to MTNX.They are on wsmtb.com.

As for downhill, CCOMTB, at ccomtb.org.au. run monthly downhill races at Ourimbah. The next one is this Sunday the 17th. Again this is a great group of people and they would warmly welcome some fresh faces, especially girls. We are very scarce on the ground, girls in DH, that is.
Yeah I was actually supposed to be at the club 4x yesterday doing the first aid (I was going to go anyway, so I may as well wear my uniform!!), but obviously it got rained out. Pretty disappointed about that. But I will be covering the next one as well on the 24th October, so say g'day if you're there!!! My partner and I were thinking about joining WSMTB - we were going to sus it out at the 4x race yesterday!! Ahh! damn rain!! We'll get around to it sooner or later!!

Thanks for the heads up about the DH race at Ourimbah - I might try and convince the other half to come down and have a sticky and see what's happening.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Yeah I was actually supposed to be at the club 4x yesterday doing the first aid (I was going to go anyway, so I may as well wear my uniform!!), but obviously it got rained out. Pretty disappointed about that. But I will be covering the next one as well on the 24th October, so say g'day if you're there!!! My partner and I were thinking about joining WSMTB - we were going to sus it out at the 4x race yesterday!! Ahh! damn rain!! We'll get around to it sooner or later!!

Thanks for the heads up about the DH race at Ourimbah - I might try and convince the other half to come down and have a sticky and see what's happening.
Please do so, they are a really lovely group of people (I know I have said that about lots of them, but really they are great, all of them) and they will welcome you with open arms. I will be there with a number of guys ranging in age from 14-23 and am driving a Black CRV Honda. Don't worry you won't miss me, I really tear up that mountain. The boys will be riding mainly Orange 224's and are a great group of guys. So if you see me (I will send you a photo) come and say hi.

Max
:D

Can't send the photo as a PM so have passed on my email.

Last edited:

wgtngrl

Cannon Fodder
Hey girls

Womens forums are the best! Like Psychavoc I'm from NZ (Wellington). I've only had the chance to ride in Oz once - the Mont in 2005 (on again this weekend I think?). Some great riding in Canberra, CORC do an incredible job - can't wait to see what you guys come up with for worlds 09 :)

I'm an XC racer after giving DH - I decided I liked the challenge of riding up as well as down. It means I'm a weak climber but make up for it on the downhills - the total opposite of most XC chicks...

Bikes are:

Jamis Dakar Expert - brand spanking, like 2 weeks, and super tricked out (took everything off it and rebuilt it as a race bike).
Giant VT1 - raced on it for 18 months and can't wait to see what will happen with the drop in bike weight - prob gonna set this up for some dh.
Trek 1200 - I seem to go year on/year off with getting lots of road training in. Probably driven by the weather...

If you're ever in Wellington, shout out - lots of awesome trails (XC and DH) and plenty of people to show you round :)

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Hey girls

Womens forums are the best! Like Psychavoc I'm from NZ (Wellington). I've only had the chance to ride in Oz once - the Mont in 2005 (on again this weekend I think?). Some great riding in Canberra, CORC do an incredible job - can't wait to see what you guys come up with for worlds 09 :)

I'm an XC racer after giving DH - I decided I liked the challenge of riding up as well as down. It means I'm a weak climber but make up for it on the downhills - the total opposite of most XC chicks...

Bikes are:

Jamis Dakar Expert - brand spanking, like 2 weeks, and super tricked out (took everything off it and rebuilt it as a race bike).
Giant VT1 - raced on it for 18 months and can't wait to see what will happen with the drop in bike weight - prob gonna set this up for some dh.
Trek 1200 - I seem to go year on/year off with getting lots of road training in. Probably driven by the weather...

If you're ever in Wellington, shout out - lots of awesome trails (XC and DH) and plenty of people to show you round :)
Hey wgtngrl,
Welcome, to farkin. I still can't get over how many girls have come out of th\e woodwork with the instigation of the girls only section. Keep on posting and I'm sure that any of the aussie farkin girls who travel to Wellington, I'm riding with one at present, will call you up.

Good riding. :D

hey max.
your son finally got me on farkin.... it's a good site. :D
for all of you who are not mtbmamma, i am 15 (well.. will be in 2 days), female (of course) and am looking at getting into mtb. this site has been really great for giving me the scope of the whole scene around mountain biking. it's left a good impression so far!!

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
hey max.
your son finally got me on farkin.... it's a good site. :D
for all of you who are not mtbmamma, i am 15 (well.. will be in 2 days), female (of course) and am looking at getting into mtb. this site has been really great for giving me the scope of the whole scene around mountain biking. it's left a good impression so far!!
Welcome to the site!! :) Hopefully we will all get to meet you around at races, etc soon!