It's Time I Said Goodbye.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Tomorrow I leave Australia and I do not plan on coming back.

I am going to China, no real surprises there. I am enrolled at Beijing Language and Cultural University for 12 months studying Mandarin. After that I will be looking at working with an NGO and/or consulting for up to two years whilst I possibly do a part time Master's degree in domestic Chinese politics/Law. I would like to be able to consult to foreign investment entering the country and at the same time be able to assist small business to establish and grow in the regional areas where poverty is highest. I'd also like to involve myself in assisting to develop International Relations departments in some of the outerlying areas of China. But one thing at a time, first I must learn to read and write Mandarin. Of course, before I land in Beijing, I'm going to Brazil for three weeks and Sweden for one week.

I've sold everything I own other than some clothes, a laptop and my Cannondale 1FG (my parents have my Cannondale Chase and some artworks of mine). Pretty bizarre feeling to own next to nothing at the age of 34, but, fortune favours the brave baby!

Anyway boys and girls, it's been fun but it's time I took my leave.

Stay cool Farkin. :)

Attachments

Goobs

Likes Dirt
Does this mean that the grammatical standards of Farkin will now be in a permanent state of decline?

Good luck with your future endeavours.

I'm sure we'll see Johnny posting from China

Goobs

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Sounds like a worthy pursuit. Dont be a stranger and keep us informed every now and again.

Best of luck mate.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
awwww Johnny your like the only i had picked on from time to time, now who i do i pick on * lost and bewildered* and who is going to lead our numerous plots and plans?

we're losing our captain here people!

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hope this doesnt mean we are going to loose you Johnny?

cheers for the help in the past and good luck with your future adventures

Tim

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Goodbye Johnny, you shall be missed!Good luck buddy, hope you enjoy your new life.

Might even pick up a nice young lady over there :)

Last edited:

lopes

Squid
Good luck in your new venture.

I will miss your Off Topic Discussions - It will be interesting if you can still access Farkin from there, or will the authorities have deemed it too subversive?

You might be lucky enough to see Jared Graves win a medal at the Beijing olympics - might as well get a ticket if you were over there already.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
best of luck mate, ill miss all your funny posts haha, farkin will not be the same;)

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
From my short time here you have been far and away the stand out member of these boards.
I'll wish you all the best in everything life throws your way in the coming years.

Cheers.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
I know i'm only a noob here, but i really enjoy Johnnys posts (sometimes i might learn things too!) What the hell is gonna happen to this place with no one around to "tells" us. Good luck. (I Hope China has a good supply of beer):)

The Paperboy

Likes Dirt
All the best mate.

Farkin will defiantly miss one of it's best debaters on any subject known to these forums. All the best. Keep in touch with us Farkineers from time to time.

Good Luck.

Plow King

Little bit.
Argh, bummer...

Tis a shame to see someone with a great sense of humor and so many interesting posts to leave Australia... And possibly these forums.

Take it easy mate, and have fun!

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Never got to meet you, but i must say that i admire your knowledge, studies and intentions. Enjoy the foreign lands and keep us upto date with your journey's and tales.

-Alex

Bodin

GMBC
msn typin nw evry1:p
johnny might be going, but I'm certainly not, so don't get too comfy with your 1337 5P34K!!!

johnny, what a pleasure to finally meet you a sink a coupla cold ones with you and POSM and Carlin the other day. If only I wasn't abusing work time to do so, I definitely would have hung in long enough to leave Sydder-knee in a considerably worse condition.

Best wishes for your plans mate. I'm sure the learning's going to go both ways in your new home and we're all expecting more Brazilian Ballerina stories in the coming years. ;)

The final challenge, johnny - will you reveal your real name to the Farkers?

Cheers and stay in touch, dammit!

Bodin

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Mate, im going to miss you. I'll always have a small peice of you in my house though (im buying your Stinky:D) and i'm hoping you'll still have some sort of access to say hi to us from the foreign land.

Enjoy whatever is thrown at you, dont catch typhoid, keep up to date with the latest in MTB and most importantly have fun.

We'll miss ya big fella.

- Tristan

Edit:
The final challenge, johnny - will you reveal your real name to the Farkers?
I know it, but yeah, reveal to the rest? He he he.

Last edited:

meatlovers

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best wishes for the future johnny
Will miss your wise posts in the forums.
Enjoy China.
(Watch out for the Asian Bird Flu......and all the rabbits)