iTunes guru's save me

Doggy

Inconceivable!
My mum and dad bought me a $50 iTunes voucher for my birthday. They were under the impression that my Iriver would work with iTunes so they got the voucher for me. Is there anyway I can drag the downloaded music from iTunes into media player for the Iriver or will my Iriver work with iTunes??
I would really like to get the songs on my Iriver otherwise it would have just been a waste of money for me mum and dad

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Doesn't iTunes have an MP3 converter function and doesn't it automatically upload it into a file on to your computer? Are you working on a Mac or a PC? If it's on a PC it should be ok to just drag and drop from Windows Explore. I rip CD's with iTunes and transfer onto my iRiver with no problems.

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
Which one is the iriver? Is that like the shuffle? Cant you just make a playlist and then the ipod will update them automatically? Im sure it would work.. if it has i in it then yeah. I dont see why it wouldnt work. :confused: Cheap response. Pardon me. Maybe i misread.

naz

Criminally Inane
S.P.G. said:
Which one is the iriver? Is that like the shuffle? Cant you just make a playlist and then the ipod will update them automatically? Im sure it would work.. if it has i in it then yeah. I dont see why it wouldnt work. :confused: Cheap response. Pardon me. Maybe i misread.

wooooooooooooooooooooooosh

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
naz said:
wooooooooooooooooooooooosh
Sorry nazereth.. went straight past you? :p

Yeah now i look back at it, it made no sense but i didnt know what he was talking about. What is an iriver?

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all the music from the iTunes store comes in some proprietry fromat, can't remember what it's called, we'll call it a .crap file for the purpose of this explanation.

according to apple and apparently the australian government you can only play a .crap file on iTunes or an iPod. Most people consider this a breach of fair usage rights which are traditionally assumed to come with paying for media.

to get around it you need to download one of those questionably legal programs that strip the digital rights managment out of the .crap format tracks that you download and turns them into a regular .mp3

don't stress about the legalities of it, Apples locked down music format is going through the courts everywhere for this exact reason. You've paid for the tracks so it's more like civil disobediance than piracy