JB rockets.

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes
i recentlly got some qr jet black rockes for a good price and now it looks like the bike will inheret a 15mm through axle fork. is it possible to convert the front wheel over to 15mm as well. cheers

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What hub do they run?
Lots of hubs use removeable end caps that can swap the hub from qr to different configurations.

Hi, I have those wheels as well, haven't used them yet but they do come with the QR end caps (that would be with the standard hubs as well)
Cheers

driftmonkey

Likes Bikes
just pulled them apart and the 15mm axle will not go through with the bearing that are inthere allready.

the end caps come off very easily however will have to look at changing the bearings as well.

any one tried this

redbruce

Eats Squid
just pulled them apart and the 15mm axle will not go through with the bearing that are inthere allready.

the end caps come off very easily however will have to look at changing the bearings as well.

any one tried this
Its not just brearings required to convert to larger formats.

You will need a 15mm hub specific axle (this is in addition to the 15mm skewer that comes with the fork and passes through the inside of the axle assembly in the hub) as well.

The hub axle will be stepped to ensure the bearings have zero preload when the through bolt assembly is tensioned up.

Most hubs are made by a few manufacturers so a google search will determine if suitable parts are available.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No go I'm afraid. I looked into this when I got my rockets 2nd hand. No conversion kit.