Jerseys - any still race cut, but with a wider/less tight sleeve?

PJS

Likes Dirt
I bought some castelli jerseys for xc / crit races. They fit well in the torso for length and around the stomach but are way too tight on my biceps (pretty tight through the shoulder too but guess that's good).
I want a tight fit around the torso so getting a larger size or a club fit won't help. Any brands that are better for gorillas instead of frogs?
The rosso corsa was extremely tight on the arms, the volo was almost ok but still uncomfortable.

Thanks for any suggestions. (Id let the sleeve out at a tailor if there was any material excess but no joy there)

Happy new year everyone

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
qmy arms are slim & even the L jersey I buy have tight sleeves, I'm 6"1' 75kg. some of the campag jerseys have looser sleeves

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
any race cut road jesey is likely to have tight sleeves, just saying. as the other dude said, try a fox/royal/whatever brand trail/xc jersey for a more comfy but non-flappy fit.
you could always take one of those to your tailor to get it taken in a bit.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought some castelli jerseys for xc / crit races. They fit well in the torso for length and around the stomach but are way too tight on my biceps (pretty tight through the shoulder too but guess that's good).
I want a tight fit around the torso so getting a larger size or a club fit won't help. Any brands that are better for gorillas instead of frogs?
The rosso corsa was extremely tight on the arms, the volo was almost ok but still uncomfortable.

Thanks for any suggestions. (Id let the sleeve out at a tailor if there was any material excess but no joy there)

Happy new year everyone
Castelli velocissimo jerseys have more relaxed sleeves when compared to volo. Sportful bodyfit team are also pretty good. I had to return a Volo kersey for the same reason.

Last edited:

PJS

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replies guys.

Might check out that velocissmo, hopefully not too baggy in the torso? A mate told me Sportful was made by Castelli but just cheaper fabric/less tech or something. I might see if they have an equivalent to the velocissmo too. Will maybe try the campag too, cheers.
I have some fox trail shirts for training rides but they'll flap heaps in the crits (wearing my mtb shoes and hairy legs will probably cop enough already haha)

I thought about buying a larger size and taking it in, but I'm a short arse too so the torso would have to be shortened, which then means taking off the pockets, re sewing etc. Maybe I should learn to sew, then sell a few to similarly cursed people!

Thanks again

Last edited:

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the replies guys.

Might check out that velocissmo, hopefully not too baggy in the torso? A mate told me Sportful was made by Castelli but just cheaper fabric/less tech or something. I might see if they have an equivalent to the velocissmo too. Will maybe try the campag too, cheers.
I have some fox trail shirts for training rides but they'll flap heaps in the crits (wearing my mtb shoes and hairy legs will probably cop enough already haha)

I thought about buying a larger size and taking it in, but I'm a short arse too so the torso would have to be shortened, which then means taking off the pockets, re sewing etc. Maybe I should learn to sew, then sell a few to similarly cursed people!

Thanks again
Sportful are under the same roof but operate separately. Sportful quality is as good as castelli. Their bibshorts are far better than castelli. I wore castelli free bibs for a few years and I'd be lucky to get 6 months out of them. I've been wearing a pair of sportful bodyfit classic bibs for 12 months average 4x per week and they are still looking good.

teK--

Eats Squid
Mate of mine with huge arms he just cut slits up the sleeves so his arms could get through. There is no way he would find a jersey off the shelf that fits except maybe DH ones designed for wearing over armour.

PJS

Likes Dirt
Would you say your arms are broader than this chap's?
Unfortunately. Could totally pull that of otherwise haha (that would go alright on a redhead yeah? ?)

I'm built more like a 100m sprinter than a marathoner

GazzaPops

Likes Bikes
I say fuck the roadies. Wear a flappy jersey that is comfortable. If they try to give you shit just quote rule 5 back to them.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I say fuck the roadies. Wear a flappy jersey that is comfortable. If they try to give you shit just quote rule 5 back to them.
Yeah, screw aerodynamics, it's only 75% of what's slowing you down. Race winning strategy right there.