Jervis Bay: Where to ride?

*Turtle*

Likes Bikes
Next weekend we are going to Jervis Bay, staying at Huskisson. I am going to take my mountain bike and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good trails to ride on. Last time I found some nice fast tracks behind the water plant but I was looking for something a bit harder (not too hard as I am still learning).

Are there any groups that ride together?

joefuel

Likes Dirt
We were down in Shoalhaven in Jan and rode all the SCUM tracks. The XC tracks are great single track and easy to find using the maps on the web site.

The DH track is fun too but it's a long way back up the fire road. It also took us a while to find the start so you might have to study the map more carefully than we did.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
i'm thinking of heading down that way for the weekend.....to test out the track for the 4hour at the end of the month.....

struggles

Likes Dirt
Just make sure you don't get bogged. I would not be taking a 2 wheel drive to the start of the coondoo rd track this weekend

*Turtle*

Likes Bikes
Hey Struggles,

:( Yeah, decided to give it a miss and headed back to Sydney today. The weather was so bad it was no fun being out there at all. Yesterday I went for a spin around the water plant at Vincentia and there were more puddles than track. The mud makes for interesting ridin! A whole new experience for the *Turtle*. Falling off was also fun...not! Went too fast around a muddy corner and just kept drifting....

struggles

Likes Dirt
You missed the best day. Today was nice and sunny.

I was lazy though and went out on the motorbike for a run up mac pass and down through kangaroo valley

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
yer the rain stops on the day that we had to come home....

found the condoo road track at lunchtime today....the car survived the trek in somehow....via detour, as forrest road is closed....

did what i thought was a lap of the track....

will consider heading back for the 4 hour in two weeks time...

You should have gone surfing as well!! At Aussie Pipe/Cloudbreak, though you wouldn't wanna be a novice on that break :D - Cloudbreak is such a cool name!

voodoo rider

Likes Bikes
HydroLick_Action said:
You should have gone surfing as well!! At Aussie Pipe/Cloudbreak, though you wouldn't wanna be a novice on that break :D - Cloudbreak is such a cool name!
just don't leave your bike in the car while your out surfing

blomtrog

Likes Dirt
will you 2 stop deleting each others messages.
real road bikers, like myself, who care about our scene don't wont you idiots spoiling our good reputation!
now get lost back to freeride forum!

blomtrog

Likes Dirt
dont go around teasing others for what they wear!
im proud of my lycra! it saves weight and reduces resistance, therefore, increasing my speed!
so either, ride road bikes and be cool, or ride DH and not be as cool as the level of coolness that im at rite now!