Jet black 29er wheelset.

workmx

Banned
I have a set on my Haro.

They replaced a set of Shimano hubs with WTB TrailDisc rims.

They transformed the ride of the bike: better acceleration and handling.

They are the lightest, 2100g, but ride really well.

krisko

Likes Dirt
I would be looking at a set of PXC2 Giant wheels at 1800grams and quality DT Swiss hubs and great rims you cant go wrong.
They commonly sell for $200-$300 and most are taken off brand new bikes for lighter wheels again.

250 grams off the Jetblacks will make a huge difference.

JP

Likes Dirt
I have considered the Giant wheels but they have a 15mm front hub don't they? I'm still stuck living in the past with a standard QR!

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have considered the Giant wheels but they have a 15mm front hub don't they? I'm still stuck living in the past with a standard QR!
There are reducer kits out there, perhaps one could fit/ be adapter to fit the 15mm on the giant hub.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a feeling that JB might be discontinuing their wheel lines (the web page listed above appears to be an orphan - not linked to the JB homepage - no listing anywhere from the JB homepage on JG wheelsets anymore).

Having said that, could anybody tip me off to the location of a set of JB singlespeed wheels with QR front? A new set of wheels may be in order for the SS and they might be an option if the price was right.

HUTCHY77

Likes Bikes
I have done 2 Xc races on a set of these with tubeless conversion and have had no problems. They have taken a couple of big hits as well and still true. well worth the $$ I think

Yorto

Likes Dirt
Breaking strength tested to 300kgf

What does this imply ? 300kg has been Forced down on the wheels ? How do they judge this ?:mmph: