Jetblack 160mm Rotors??

PepsiMax

Likes Bikes
Just wondering how good the Jetblack 160mm 6bolt rotors go? The rotor's will be used with Elixir CR brakes

Are they better then Avid G3's???

cooken

Likes Dirt
I'd also been keen to hear what people think of jetblack rotors, considering getting some for my xc bike for use with xtr brakes.

Andrei

Likes Dirt
I have a set of JB lightweight rotors 160mm on my trance with avid elixir r's . They work great but get a set of new pads as well so that way the pads and the disks wear in together. I also had a set of their 203mm sawblade rotors on my dh with Hayes 9 and they made a huge difference to the brakes.

0psi

Eats Squid
I'm personally not a huge fan, they judder a bit when braking from high speed (which is fine for me I guess as I never get to high speed :p) and the reduced conact area does mean a bit of reduced power but to be honest I never really noticed, the bigger guys might but I'm tiny.

I've gone back to G3's as they felt better to me but if you're after a cheap silly light rotor then the pros may outweigh the cons. They are light, cheap and will stop you, it's just the sight judder that turned me off.

Chris Park

Likes Dirt
Rotors

I have been using alligator rotors (wind cutters) they are lighter and cheaper via ebay and have been excllent on my Pivot. I would definately recommend them.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
The lite weight jb rotors will not be as smooth as the avid rotors. I think they reduce power by about 20%. They work ok for me for general xc use but I get worried on long descents as they heat up quick and can not dissipate the heat as well. I would not use them for AM or DH use. They also chew through pads quicker than avid rotors, but I fixed this by using sintered pads. They also helped with adding back some of the lost power.
On the positive side, the quality seems good, they're lite and look trick. I am using them on elixrs too.

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate of mine put them on his DH bike to try them out. He was running Hayes 9's at the time, and said the rotors were terrible. They took a lot of the power out of the brakes, not that Hayes 9 had that much power in the first place. I must admit he is on the larger scale of people though, weighing just over 90Kgs. Depending on your size, If your keen to loose weight on your bike go for it, otherwise don't bother.
:)

Shredden

Knows his goats
Yeah, Ive run them on my DH bike w/avid codes. I felt like they took a lot of the power away from the brakes. I did 1 or 2 races with them and then sold them and went back to G2's

BOOOM 1000th POST!!!!!!