JetBlack Carbon MTB Wheelset

paul_sm82

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

Anyone have a set of these they can provide some feedback on?

ie http://www.jetblackproducts.com/products/JBW-CARBONPRO

Looking at buying a set for my Anthem as a race wheel set. Run Crossmax SLs for all training/racing/trail riding until now but keen on a second set for racing.

I'm 6'2" and weigh ~90kgs. The carbon wheels are not going to fall apart under me or anything are they?

Most interested to hear about resistance to denting, whether they feel flexy, hub maintenance and ease/difficulty of truing/tensioning.

Many thanks in advance:cool:

Hi all,

Anyone have a set of these they can provide some feedback on?

ie http://www.jetblackproducts.com/products/JBW-CARBONPRO

Looking at buying a set for my Anthem as a race wheel set. Run Crossmax SLs for all training/racing/trail riding until now but keen on a second set for racing.

I'm 6'2" and weigh ~90kgs. The carbon wheels are not going to fall apart under me or anything are they?

Most interested to hear about resistance to denting, whether they feel flexy, hub maintenance and ease/difficulty of truing/tensioning.

Many thanks in advance:cool:
mate. Ive not used that brand. but how much are they? coz I was quoted $1495 for the DT xrc1350 carbon wheels by Phantom cycles over the phone. I was told the Dt wheels had the swiss made hubs too.

DB

paul_sm82

Likes Bikes
mate. Ive not used that brand. but how much are they? coz I was quoted $1495 for the DT xrc1350 carbon wheels by Phantom cycles over the phone. I was told the Dt wheels had the swiss made hubs too.

DB
Hi mate,

They retail at something crazy like $1870 but I have seen them much, much cheaper

Will PM you with details once I get some feedback on there quality.

DT is a swiss brand and still do all of there high end stuff in Switzerland but have started doing some stuff in Taiwan now. Nothing wrong with that either way.

I've seen the DT XR1450s in Aus for 950 AUD.

paul_sm82

Likes Bikes
exactly, that's what has my brain ticking.

Think I will just go for it
And I just did.

Sorry Disco Balls on being cryptic but I had a hunch they were the last set available so did not want to screw myself out of a great deal.

Will keep you guys posted on how these wheels go once I recieve them and give them a hard time.

Cheers:cool:

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I haven't heard any reports on them but $700 (at tbsm) for a sub 1500 gram carbon wheelset is pretty tempting.
$700 is a bargain, I paid well over this to get a DT Swiss carbon rim fixed as the rims retails for around $1000 alone....

Im scared to ride mine now....

Brownster

Likes Dirt
I am using the Road version Token C22A which weigh in at 1200grams on my road bike. They are awesome. Same here for that price well worth a go.

GU*mp

Likes Bikes
The only set of the jetblack carbon wheels I have seen had some denting on the bead edge part of the rim and looked 'worn out'. They were on a 50kg woman's bike who is more likely to walk rough trail sections. Thought that was a bit odd as they were not too old. For every bad set there could be 10 good one's...who knows