JetBlack Rocket MTB Wheelset

indica

Serial flasher
I am considering getting these...

They will cost me $600 and be used on my GT Force to replace the wet noodles it came with .... any one with experience of them?

skinya

Likes Dirt
I am considering getting these...

They will cost me $600 and be used on my GT Force to replace the wet noodles it came with .... any one with experience of them?
Maybe if you look around someone should be able to do these considerably cheaper at the moment.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
I have seen a few pairs close up and they look very nice for the price, i have never ridden them or know anyone with them but they do look good.

You can get them quiet alot cheaper than $600, you can get them for $420.

http://www.krankbikes.com.au/product.php?id_product=437

There was also a small review in a revolution mag, no idea which one it was though.

Fridge-Seal

Likes Bikes
One of my friends had them on his Yeti before he upgraded and they seemed like nice wheels.

If you look on CRC, there are nigh on a million (ok, lots) of custom build options available. that way you should be able to get totally what you want, and for a significantly cheaper price.

Never really seen them anywhere for under $600 though.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
One of my friends had them on his Yeti before he upgraded and they seemed like nice wheels.

If you look on CRC, there are nigh on a million (ok, lots) of custom build options available. that way you should be able to get totally what you want, and for a significantly cheaper price.

Never really seen them anywhere for under $600 though.
I have purhased custom wheels from crc before and they took 20 days to get to me. I know the price tends to be good customer service is lacking.

Also have you read the thread? There is a link with them for $420 and planty of other shops sell them below $600.

Fridge-Seal

Likes Bikes
I have purhased custom wheels from crc before and they took 20 days to get to me. I know the price tends to be good customer service is lacking.

Also have you read the thread? There is a link with them for $420 and planty of other shops sell them below $600.
Fair enough.

Whoops, missed the link... :eek:

ac_DHer

Likes Dirt
Yeah, they are a steal really. For a 1600 gram wheelset they are amazing for that price and they really carn't be beaten. In terms of how the ride and last long term, i've had my set for over 8 months now i've used them on my XC Hardtail, My Merida 120 Dually (for off road and commuting) and soon to be the 4x bike. To this day i had hit a number of Rocks, Jumps, Drops, Gutters etc and they are as true as the day i bought them. And for the bearing quality "Amazing" they roll and roll and roll, its crazy and the hub sounds sweet too.

In sort id go for them.:eek: