JetBlack twenty four hours Sydney 2010

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Now in its second year the JetBlack twenty four hour Sydney will be back in the Del Rio Resort, Wiseman's Ferry on February 6+7 2010.

Endurance racing in style and luxury: cabins, pool, pub, minigolf.

We are working on a new track to get up the hill and around the steep firetrail climb. Progress about the trackwork is on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/rockytrailentertainment

Registration is now open and you can find all the details at http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/

See you out there,
Martin

Knopey

Likes Dirt
"Registration
Registration will open soon."

Is there a limit on the number of entries? And if so, is it likely to fill up?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
"Registration
Registration will open soon."

Is there a limit on the number of entries? And if so, is it likely to fill up?
You might have to hit refresh on our website. Here is the direct link to the registration page: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

Number of entries will depend on final track length. At this stage probably around 1000. I certainly hope to reach that.

Also if you would like to stay in a cabin or lodge please get in touch with the Resort soon as they will sell out for sure: http://delrioresort.com.au/

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could we be unlucky enough to get weather like that again? Fingers crossed.
Very keen for this one we had a ball last year even though our team only rode for 9 hours

gazzaed

Likes Dirt
In terms of accommodation at the event, everyone seems to be saying to get a cabin. Not too far from the track/event centre i take it? Also are they flexible on arrival/departure times? Reason I ask is that check in is normally 2pm, and obviously you would want to be checking in around 9/10am, and departing around 2pm on the sunday? What did people who stayed in cabins last year do?

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Don't change the track, it was the best 24hr track Ive ever been on, even with the epic rain. It was a great race this year despite the rain chewing though 4 sets of brake pads :eek:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get rid of that climb which the vast majority of the riders had to walk and it will be a great track
On the cabin thing I reckon camping at a 24 hour is part of the fun, its the only time i like camping
no cabin for team on the juice,
Im claiming my spot from last year just next to the bmx track although if its hot i want to be near the pool, which i can't actually remember where it is

Last edited:
In terms of accommodation at the event, everyone seems to be saying to get a cabin. Not too far from the track/event centre i take it? Also are they flexible on arrival/departure times? Reason I ask is that check in is normally 2pm, and obviously you would want to be checking in around 9/10am, and departing around 2pm on the sunday? What did people who stayed in cabins last year do?
The cabin was a luxury as you could see your rider approaching the last km mark and have time to get your stuff together without standing around transition like a zombie. The fact that it was 24 hrs of hellish rain soaked misery also contributed to the bonus element of the cabin. If the weather is fine, camping will be enjoyable and adequate.
So far as checkout / in went, we arrived fri nite so cant help you, but yes they were flexible with checkout time, and I donrt think we got away till well after 2.

Re the other comments about the track - I agree the hill was a bitch and eliminating it would be kind. A bit longer / more single track would go down well too.

tex72

Likes Dirt
Im claiming my spot from last year just next to the bmx track although if its hot i want to be near the pool, which i can't actually remember where it is
Haven't been to Del Rio for (thinks about it:eek:) maybe 20 years, but the pool was behind pub/restaurant/kiosk/canoe hire.

Pretty sure their was also a ferris wheel
and narrow gauge train for the kids to ride on there at one stage. :eek:
Sounds like they may have changed a few things.

Do they still have a proper golf course?

I might have to come check it out. Maybe book a cabin for a week :D

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Agree on track change for that climb, i rode it the week before the 24hour(16), in 42 degree heat and it was really bad, way worse in the moving mud mountain, it brings back so many good memories, camping in the rain, wet clothes, and the best descent ever down to the boggy creek, bit dangerous in those conditions, but the organising was second to none, i will always ride Martin and Juliane's events, they are da bomb!
Thinking cabin this year!