JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour 2011

Zenith

Likes Bikes
How are entires for this race?? are there still spots open??

I have a team of 3, so just trying to find a forth before we enter. :)

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
The entries are coming in steadily and there are still plenty of spots left.

Sorry but we won't have a team of 3 category for this one. The MTB GP 8 hour on the following day does.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Sorry but we won't have a team of 3 category for this one. The MTB GP 8 hour on the following day does.
Is there opportunity to enter the GP8 "on the day" ?? especially for those that might have say... ridden the 12 solo the day before??

Cheers
Spoonie

trailburner

Is there opportunity to enter the GP8 "on the day" ?? especially for those that might have say... ridden the 12 solo the day before??

Cheers
Spoonie
Generally we don't have on the day rego but we are happy to make an exception for the seriously mad :)
Just send us an email to cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com with your (cruel) intentions and we will add you to the rider list and prep a number plate for Sunday. If you then want to do it you can pay cash on the day.

We will have something special to remember the weekend too for the ones who do the double header.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cheers
Spoonie
I did the double last year. As much fun as the track is, I can't say I recommend it. Its like a 24 but you've got this 8 hours in the middle where your legs have plenty of time to seize up :p

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'sif that's ever stopped me before

Cheers
Spoonie (it's like he doesn't know me!! :)
Thats got me thinking, any chance of a special category for those attempting the double solo?

To determine the standings you could add up the laps completed during both races and break any ties by awarding the higher position to the person who finished their last lap in the 8hr earlier.

The reason I suggest we break ties in this manner is because it would mean the first rider to cross the finish line (the second time) would certainly be the winner (if we were to add times from both races the possibility arises that the person who lost the sprint finish in the 8hr could be the overall winner)

-Andrew

trailburner

Did a trail-maintenance day yesterday and we were able to groom the track nicely in just 1 day. It will basically be the same track as last year but with a few extra pinches to go around huge fallen trees.

A big thanks to the crews of: Ashfield Cycles, Deubel Bicycles, WSMTB and Russ!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
old man

This will be my first race in the over 40's/ masters.
I've been sick this week and the previous 2 weeks were birthday weeks.
so haven't ridden a bike since the Mt Stromlo round.

I might even do the 4hrs the next day.