Jonah lomu. R.I.P

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Wow,

I'm footyphobic, of all codes, but even I have some idea of what a legend he was. Very sad.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh wow, that is sad. I'll never forget him terrorising the Pommy wingers in the 90's, he was so exciting to watch.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Oh wow, that is sad. I'll never forget him terrorising the Pommy wingers in the 90's, he was so exciting to watch.
Mike Catt........ palm off and then trampled over him as if he wasnt there!
He's had some major health issues since the end of the 1995 world cup.... Kidney transplant back in the mid 2000's.

Thats 2 very fine Kiwi rugby greats gone in a matter of months.

Very sad.

scblack

Leucocholic
Oh no. Sad news. He was a fantastic person. His health had been poor for years.

He basically won for NZ the greatest game of rugby ever played against the Wallabies in 1999, at Olympic stadium in Sydney. In general watching him flatten other wingers was great viewing - especially when those wingers were poms.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mike Catt........ palm off and then trampled over him as if he wasnt there!
He's had some major health issues since the end of the 1995 world cup.... Kidney transplant back in the mid 2000's.

Thats 2 very fine Kiwi rugby greats gone in a matter of months.

Very sad.
And McCaw about to retire :(

indica

Serial flasher
[video=youtube;-FkJ1Wp9iko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkJ1Wp9iko[/video]

Smash'em you farkin legend!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I was in an airport in New Zealand the second this news broke. What a sad day and what a loss to his family and mates and world rugby.
The big screen in the airport cut to a breaking news thingo and as the story unfolded..............the place went silent except for groups of Asian people who don't have an interest in the game or the history of this bloke. I saw people cry, I saw two Maori guys hug and cry, I saw a kids staring at the TV with their mouths wide open. I teared up a bit, it was so emotional and sad to see. A few minutes later when I got to customs and handed my card over, the older bloke behind the counter was weeping too.
A powerful force on the field and a powerful force off it. :(