DJ JTR-SS Build MkII (homemade awesome'nss)

Guiver

Likes Dirt

Built more as a show off piece than something im going to ride.
Needs a few mods to the frame to make it bomb proof.

Updates from last time;
Pimp'n paint jop. (i say pimp'n... i sprayed it green then did a white splatter over the top (get your mind out of the gutter))
Front triangle is bomber has not moved at all.
I bent the rear end when i took it for a Shuttle run last year but we bent it back and Jeremy zip welded some small c section gussets along the inside of the chain stays *fixed*.
Might beef up the rest of the rear just sometime just in case.

Weight: 13.5kgs

the shock has had a hard life and on its 3rd owner without a rebuild so it feels a little sad.

(mk1 build here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127378&highlight=jtr)

Last edited:

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
is there much geo difference between your first and second one? the first one seems to be alot lower than the other but maybe its just the photos.
great work mate
i would ride that!

ipod

Likes Dirt
very nice! the welding is perfect :eek:
i definantly want to do something similar in the future! (working on a hardtail at the moment)...

can i ask what tubing you used for stays?

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is ridiculously awesome!

i love it, i love it, i love it!

superb job:)

what is it made out of?

Guiver

Likes Dirt
is there much geo difference between your first and second one? the first one seems to be alot lower than the other but maybe its just the photos.
great work mate
i would ride that!
Same frame, this one is lower in the front end due to the Peba's (rebas with pike lowers) and yeah i reckon its just the photos

Welds = sexs. Your God.
not me.. you can sacrifice your goats to JeremyW for that one.
And yes the welding is A++.

very nice! the welding is perfect :eek:
i definantly want to do something similar in the future! (working on a hardtail at the moment)...

can i ask what tubing you used for stays?
Tubeset uses aero-grade 4130 imported from the US.
Rear end is the same but rec' section in 0.9 (really needs to be 1.1 for the extra stiffness)