July Whistler, + Bike Hire

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm heading up there mid July for 2 weeks.
Keen to find some people to do runs with.

Also, whats the best bike hire option, I decided against bring my own bike and opting for the easier option of hiring.
Of course the most available bikes are Konas, but im not really a fan was wanting something different. I saw that some places you can hire Rocky Mountain bikes, which could be a possibility. But i was told that there was somewhere that hired out Demo 7's.
What sort of range is there? I want to spend my two weeks on the best bike i can.

RobZy

Squid
Fanatyk Co.

Definitely the best place to hire from in town is Fanatyk Co. Best Mechanics. Best products. Best Service. Best everything. I used to work next door to these guys and they will look after you no problem. If you want any more info let me know via PM

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hired an RMX from Summit last year and it was fine. They looked after me for the 3 days I had riding there. Don't really have much more to add except that I reckon you're gonna love it there! I know I did :D

binner

Hath shat hymself
yup it yup

I'm heading up there mid July for 2 weeks.
Keen to find some people to do runs with.

Also, whats the best bike hire option, I decided against bring my own bike and opting for the easier option of hiring.
Of course the most available bikes are Konas, but im not really a fan was wanting something different. I saw that some places you can hire Rocky Mountain bikes, which could be a possibility. But i was told that there was somewhere that hired out Demo 7's.
What sort of range is there? I want to spend my two weeks on the best bike i can.
just look/hear for the yelling abusive yups.....see you there ......

zap

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Definitely the best place to hire from in town is Fanatyk Co. Best Mechanics. Best products. Best Service. Best everything. I used to work next door to these guys and they will look after you no problem. If you want any more info let me know via PM
And thats where opinions vary. I had a wheel built by these guys and found them to be expensive and rude. The build was of an ok standard, it came loose after less than a day and i ended up with a ding and a flatspot on a brand new rim although that was my fault for not having it retensioned. Their service was slow whereas i have found Evolution to be heaps better and no "whistler" attitude. I know a number of guys who rate Summit also...To each their own. I suggest you shop around anyway as they are all so close that its easy to find somewhere thats right for you.

July Whistler Bike Hire

We are arriving in Cochin on the 10th August and have planned a 7 day cycle trek starting from munnar. We have been advised to bring our own bikes from the uk but we were really hoping to hire 2 decent mountain bikes for the period can anyone help us find a suitable shop?

Thanks
Huw Lewis