just a thought(state champs vs state rounds.state rounds vs state champs)

if the state round 4 date has been posponed,
and state champs stays the same.. that kinda seems a bit funny???
for the sake of continueity(?)why wouldn't we make the state champs venue the state round4 venue an visa versa??
if you have to have raced a state round to enter the state champs. how do you do that if the state rounds are not concluded and state champs is run during the competition?

official: " sorry you can't enter the state champs this weekend because you havn't raced in any state rounds."
punter: "oh?, but im gonna race next round comming up."
official: "ah?? well. O.K, just make sure you do."
punter:" ....o.k."

just a thought.
marcus

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I guess you could always make use of the pre entry for round 4 and then enter the champs.

Squid could confirm that.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
We ended up not running that rule last year, and there are no talks of doing it this year or the next. The only rule in place for the Champs is that you need to hold a full MTBA licence. I'll leave Steve Humphries (NSW Presidante) to confirm this though.

even though that may be the case(rule wise),
by the looks of whats forming up as the amazon2 track.(or does it sport a new name too??)
that would surely be the crowning jewel in whats shaping up to be a farkin awsome series!!!to run that as state champs an holding pac park as round 4. to keep things ..neat? wouldn't be such a bad thing???
not to step on any toes or anything.
just that through no-ones fault but the weathers (an i guess a little red tape) the dates changed an the state rounds get split up (how does that affect points? if at all.) an we now have a champs comp in the middle of it all.
(gosh! i sound like my world is crumbling!!!)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
We're just following the example set by our National Series which is to run the good races as rounds and leave the dud for the Champs :p
APIS consulting can lick my balls
In all seriousness though, there's nothing (reasonably) wrong with running a champs before the final round. It's done all the way up to World Cup level so it's not something I'm going to fuss about.

Pacific Park is going to go off, and although there were initial fears of Pylet building a "huck" track, they've received plenty of feedback and guidance from NSW pretty boy, Rick Boyer. I personally thank the Pylet crew for their voluntary work in getting this track sorted. It's gonna be a wicked Champs

For those who haven't seen, here's some pics of the Awaba track which will be used for the Series Finale. wooo

sammydog

by the looks of whats forming up as the amazon2 track.(or does it sport a new name too??)
that would surely be the crowning jewel in whats shaping up to be a farkin awsome series!!!to run that as state champs an holding pac park as round 4. to keep things ..neat? wouldn't be such a bad thing???
Glad you like the looks of what we are doing..

[inset shameless plug]
If you have nothing better to do on sunday, why not come join us on the next build day and have a look first hand at the trail (the pics don't do it justice).

Might win yourself a jersey
[/inset shameless plug]

From our clubs point of view though, we really don't want to go poaching a champs round from another club. There is no reason why people cant enjoy both events for what they are.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, if you haven't and don't plan to, enter any state rounds this year you CAN still race in the Champs?
OR
do you have to race in one round to be able to race in the state champs?

-just a little confused because i haven't entered any state rounds but plan to enter the champs...

thanks

sammydog

At this stage you need to hold an MTBA licence to race the champs. So that means no Day Licences.

That was the system last year, and as I understand this year as well.

as far as champs /rounds /rounds /champs is concerned, i don't care either way. because either way, I WILL BE THERE!!!!!! racein me little heart out!!
sammydog,
if you guys do a saterday build out at awaba, i will be there.
sunday is for ridding at the mo as i cant seem to control myself and end up building and or hungover to fuck!!!!! so at this stage im trying really hard to get back on the wagon/bike and actually ride.
this saterday back out at pp for more dirt munching.
and ride dargle funday (wsmtb) on sunday. but i will come with me bevy of tools( i even have a wheelbarrow) an contribute to the jugganought that is AWABA.

marcus