Frame - 2017 Specialized Stumpjumper S Works
Rear shock - Ohlins
Front shock/fork - DVO Beryl. Set at 140mm, can be run at 160mm if neede
Handlebars - Ritchey 720mm. Flat
Stem -
Headset - Stock
Grips - ESI
Saddle - Specialized BG
Seatpost - brand x showing in pic is 125 external. Will be replaced with 150mm internal asap package arrives..
Front brake - XT . 180mm rotor
Rear brake - XT . 160mm rotor
Cranks - XT. 170mm
Chainguide - Stock
Chain - XTR
Pedals - XT
Rear derailleur - XT
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - XT
Front hub - Hope
Rear hub - ? Centrelock
Front rim - Easton alu 30mm internal
Rear rim - Easton alu 30mm internal
Tyres - Minion DHF and DHR. Butcher on rear atm.

Being a poor broke hospitality worker means that new bikes are generally out of the question, but am always searching for good deals..
My current ride is a Specialized Stumpjumper 2011 29er with some nice suspension attached. Unfortunately there is some brake hose rub on the chainstay which I didn’t like the look of.

I started looking at options.
Complete Polygon, or frame only and swap parts..
Somehow managed to get a N.O.S 2017 frame through the LBS for $2800. It had to be built by the shop for warranty, so was a extra $300 for labour and some extra bits and brake bleed. So at the end of the day still came out under the price of a Polygon. Pretty happy with the end result, as it rides better in every regard to the good old Stumpy.
And what I think is the nicest part of the whole bike is the metal head tube badge..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new Brand X 150mm internal dropper post arrived yesterday.

Thought it would be a good idea to install it last night after work..

2 1/2 hours later ........

After much cursing and searing the little darling was installed and going up on down as its meant to.

As the bike was built before installation, it proved quite challenging to feed the outer cable in, navigating the bend into the seat tube with the bb blocking access up for fingers, tools.. and a brake hose sharing the same pair of internal cable runs.

Eventually the lower cable port was undone and removed, which gave the brake hose some needed slack to maneuver the dropper outer cable out the bottom. I then fed a inner in from the seatpost entry point down, and managed to get it out the same exit port as the outer, and fed a lot of outer and inner out the port and then fed the inner through the outer all the way to the bar mount whilst holding the other end of the inner to prevent loosing it down the seat tube !!! Then all I had to do was gently get the cable back in the exit port and push the outer cable into the frame from the headtube entry port to get it to feed up the inner and into the seatpost.. phew.

I actually yelled out in joy as I saw the outer cable show itself from the top of the seatpost!