Just arrived in Adelaide and need to get on the trails

Anthman

Cannon Fodder
Hi all,
I have just moved to Adelaide from Townsville and I’m looking at finding some others to get out riding with when my bike arrives later this week.
Riding style is trail / AM. Distance up to 30km
I'm not in it to break records, just out to have some fun.
If you know of any groups or you’re just keen to ride with someone, hit me up.
Anthony

stirk

Burner
Hindley? Was it full of commodores and mullets?
Adelaide is full of bogans, hard to tell if there is a congregation in one particular area.

It was hindley but from memory not much was down that street, I'm going back 8 years, I vaguely recall a strip joint on hindley.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Adelaide is full of bogans, hard to tell if there is a congregation in one particular area.

It was hindley but from memory not much was down that street, I'm going back 8 years, I vaguely recall a strip joint on hindley.
Pretty much the same as then

Gerokit

Likes Bikes
Jeez, all the guy asked for is someone to go for a ride with and Adelaide gets a bagging! Take it easy I'm sure you've got enough to winge about in your own town. What's with the boggan bashing? Someone in a flano sleep with your mum? Crow town is a not a rat race like the eastern states, enjoy getting out and seeing some of the tracks and ignore the keyboard heroes on here

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Anthman
Mega bike has a Sat morning ride (Dylan), begins 7am I think. Check their website. There used to be a social Tues evening ride with a crew from SAmtb - not sure if that's still going. A good source is FB and search for Chambers Gully mtb, Sturt Gorge mtb, Cleland mtb, Eagle Park mtb, Craigburn Farm mtb etc.
I ride with a variety of riders on either Wed or Thurs after work, it's great right now as you don't really need lights except for the ride home. I leave from Glenside at 5:45pm. Last night finished at ~8:30pm. I ride to all the above areas and you are welcome to join me.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Mate.

You want to get yourself to Craigburn Farm to ride the Sturt Gorge Loop.
Go to this page
http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/pa...y_region/Adelaide/Sturt_Gorge_Recreation_Park

And grab yourself the Craigburn Farm trails map and the Sturt gorge loop.

From the Craigburn trail head, take either "Sidewinder," "Craigberms" or "Sticks and Stones" down to "Gunner's Run" and go Clockwise until you hit "Horner's Corners".
At the bottom of Horner's, turn right on the road and look for the Sturt Gorge Loop on the RHS.

Go clockwise
Wattle Trail - Lomandra Trail - De Rose Trail - Tapa Tarrunga.
It forms a loop that will take you back to Craigburn.
~30km with 800m climbing.

I rode some of it with the Flow MTB crew last week and they were amazed...

Eastern States riders can say what they like about rAdelaide.... their trails ain't got SHIT on our network!

The Sturt Gorge Loop can be linked up to make 80+ km of endless singletrack and almost 200km when you put in maybe 10km of road links.... All without leaving the metro area

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Mate.

You want to get yourself to Craigburn Farm to ride the Sturt Gorge Loop.
Go to this page
http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/pa...y_region/Adelaide/Sturt_Gorge_Recreation_Park

And grab yourself the Craigburn Farm trails map and the Sturt gorge loop.

From the Craigburn trail head, take either "Sidewinder," "Craigberms" or "Sticks and Stones" down to "Gunner's Run" and go Clockwise until you hit "Horner's Corners".
At the bottom of Horner's, turn right on the road and look for the Sturt Gorge Loop on the RHS.

Go clockwise
Wattle Trail - Lomandra Trail - De Rose Trail - Tapa Tarrunga.
It forms a loop that will take you back to Craigburn.
~30km with 800m climbing.

I rode some of it with the Flow MTB crew last week and they were amazed...

Eastern States riders can say what they like about rAdelaide.... their trails ain't got SHIT on our network!

The Sturt Gorge Loop can be linked up to make 80+ km of endless singletrack and almost 200km when you put in maybe 10km of road links.... All without leaving the metro area

Thats a great loop.