Keira 6th January.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Hey all, got myself a new flash so now Im repping two. I had a heap of fun shooting today, though Im still getting the hang of the two flashes.

Ah well, enjoy the shots:

And I stole nicks V10 and gear... I likey!

Enjoy, sorry about a few of teh substandard ones, we all have our bad days:(.

Moony

Likes Dirt
magnificant shots as always!

i love how the shots of you always come out blurred...shows that it actually requires a fair bit of skill, and nott everyone can do it!

and that new stepdown looks HUGE!

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
Serious Kane? I thought it was way to 'over exposed' not that I know anything. :eek:
+1.

Excellent job though, even though you have just got the new flash, you can tell there is a huge improvement..

I really like these, the third would be amazing....it's just that the rider is a little overexposed...flash to close:(

I really like how you have the flash in the shot in some, looks great!

The first is my favourite by far, simply amazing.

Sam.

Eats Squid
It wasnt a matter of the flash being to close, moreso the ettl mis-calculating the flash exposure. Sometimes its bang on, others its wrong. Ill see how I go in light room, Ill try to fix it up.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool shots Sam. Like the 3rd and 4th ones most. The 2 flashes seemed to work pretty well. Did any of the ones of the rock roll over thing on Huckerz turn out at all? Next time you shoot we should have a go at getting a descent one of each other doing the bigger step down and see if they turn out.

Anyway thanks again for the pics and sorry about my shitty photography skills:eek: Cya tomorrow.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1.

Excellent job though, even though you have just got the new flash, you can tell there is a huge improvement..

I really like these, the third would be amazing....it's just that the rider is a little overexposed...flash to close:(

I really like how you have the flash in the shot in some, looks great!

The first is my favourite by far, simply amazing.
Hell yeah, got something right in photography. I am officially a pro. :D

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah Sam, much better and because I am a pro now at photography I can say that.

Nar that looks much better. In the other one it was just to 'Over Exposed' and the flash almost bounced off the bike and the rider (Left hand side in photo) as if it was a mirror therefore having a strange effect.

kooty

Likes Bikes
the second flash is doing nothing unless ur shooting from front on. do you use a light meter? will help you alot if you're not already using one!

Sam.

Eats Squid
the second flash is doing nothing unless ur shooting from front on. do you use a light meter? will help you alot if you're not already using one!
Ettl...

I have to say I kind of disagree here, the second flash does help even from side on. The lighting is much more even and shadows across the riders body are removed. Using two flashes really helped to get background and foreground separation to help the rider pop more. I havent used multiple flashes a lot, so Im still learning.

mace2109

Likes Bikes
Sam, Your shots are great, I like that you experiment and try different things - keep up the great work! And don't listen to the 'mob' EVER!

kooty

Likes Bikes
I have to say I kind of disagree here, the second flash does help even from side on. The lighting is much more even and shadows across the riders body are removed. Using two flashes really helped to get background and foreground separation to help the rider pop more. I havent used multiple flashes a lot, so Im still learning.

what flashes are u using out of interest?