Kensington Jumps

Saffa

Likes Dirt
hey Jack this week I am free on thursday arvo, or most other weeks I can be availlable as needed

Saffa

Likes Dirt
Hey guys I have been doodling around with a bit of track design

1 If we are to flatten the area and start again with say 3 straight sets of jumps, diagonally across the park has the least tree obstruction(see pic 1), but this would require building a new start ramp and moving a lot of earth?and still some tree obstruction

If we were to utilize some of the current mounds of dirt in a different way this might be a cheaper and more attainable option(see pic 3) still some tree obstruction

Pump track far corner?
I have also scaned a pic of the track for you guys to have a play with

Lets get something sorted before this meeting and properly drawn up, otherwise the landscape gardeners will get the job.

Anyway I have attached a scanned map of kenso for you guys to play with.

Anyone interested lets meet up this weekany sort out a plan
Nic

Attachments

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty much out this week, I'll shoot a PM to you guys with my suggestions in case they can help you out.

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
Got the PM thanks wynter. Just reliased thursday is my mum's birthday and this weekend is out unless Monday about 7 30 onwards iss okay for yall guys.

Saffa

Likes Dirt
Last chance meeting on Monday night to discuss any treack modifications, if anyone is interested what time suits everyone?

Saffa

Likes Dirt
It went pretty well, we put our 2 cents in and they are very keen to make some changes. wether they will be large changes straight away or at a later stage there will almost definitely be a much improved dirt jump park. We are now just playing a waiting game untill the council gets back to us with what is going to be allowed to happen.........further consultation...........more waiting........you get the picture, they need make sure it is "safe" and will suit everyone.
Will keep in touch, but I am probably going to go down there when it rains and fix whats there up a bit anyway

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went past this morning, work has begun... new soil on the tabletops and the big berm. And a few workers standing around smoking ciggies drinking coffee.

mtb_punk

Likes Bikes
Definitely some progress happening now, hopefully give me something to watch on my train rides!
Good work on getting some action guys!

Saffa

Likes Dirt
Hey guys just an update.
I have been talking with the council, and have been down there giving the dover driver some pointers in shaping the jumps. I wen't down tonight and put some basic lips on all the jumps.
There is a lot of rubble under the soil, so digging into the jump faces any more is not possible, but we can build them up to the right shape.
The soil the council has supplied is too clayee, and sticks to the roller they brought down, so long story short a lot of hand shaping and compacting is going to have to be done, I am going down tomorrow afternoon to shape the jumps and pack down the berms, if anyone wants to help, bring a shovel. The excavator driver is comming back at some stage to roll the track, so if we have the jumps looking sweet he won't have to touch them and will just roll the rest of the track. I will be down there earlier in the morning 8:00am and later after I finnish work at 16:00 or so.
If you do go down and see the dozer driver say hi and thank him for his hard work, his name is Ashley, he's a pretty good guy.

The Jumps should look pretty sweet when done, but as this is only the first faze only the top part of the track is being done. If this is successfull we might get some more money in the new budget and a few rows of six packs!
Regards
Nic